The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Chainsaw (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Hi does any one know how to gaf a chain saw for juggeling.
I know some do it for real but I don't feel that brave unless I am missing the point.
Please PM me if you like.
Thanks
Mario
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I think it is as simple as removing the saw chain, but then it will look obvious. Here's some gaff ideas: See if you can remove the chain drive gear. This is the main gear that drives the saw blade chain from the engine. This way, your chainsaw will appear intact AND you can rev it up for the audience. A certain Hollywood movie involving chainsaws in Texas reportedly used 17 chainsaws during production, each one modified to fit into a specific scene. If I recall, they even fitted a chainsaw with a sparking effect. I don't know how they did it, but if they could do it, so can you! Go get the DVD and check out the "behind-the-scenes" part.

Good luck!
TGN
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Just take the chain off and add a handle to the back of it. Someone in Australia was selling them but I don't know who it was.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
The one person I know that has the low down on this is Michael Goudeau. You can contact him through the Kevin James message group. He is a wickedly nice man and gave me the whole low down. Unfortunatly the cost is not low. Very high to do it the way he does, however he has it down to a science.

You have to keep the chain on or else just juggle an engine.

Hope no one minds that I plugged another chat room. I do not mean any lack of respect. Just trying to help.

Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Tom Comet has the current official record for chainsaw juggling, with forty-something catches. Mad Chad Taylor has topped it with eighty-something catches, but isn't in the books.

Both use small customized saws, with chains. They have special handles that act to balance the things and give a reasonable place to hold. I know Chad has two or three sets of saws, as he must ship them between gigs.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Just a thought...I don't have a chain saw infront of me but could this work. Remove the chain and then cut it so it goes all around the blade right up to were it would eneter the saw and then weld it there so it looks like it is on the saw but wouldent actual move. Just a though...

Anton
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
You can tell, if the chain isn't really running.

Some people file the teeth flat.

Better to learn the real skill, and if you're not ready, don't do it.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5117 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
It's also a standard thing, to cut a board in half, to demo the realityof the saw.

www.bladewalker.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Leave the chain on, take the TEETH off.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Harley
I have juggled for the past 20 yrs a knife, sicle and an axe.
I am ready but not that daft to juggle a chain saw with teath.

Thanks every one for your advise. Smile
Mario
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Hey all

I constantly hear of people filing the teeth off of saws to make it safer. If you want to believe that I'm not going to tell you otherwise. However the chances of the chain breaking grows greatly when the structure of the chain is modified. If it breaks then you are in real trouble. If you can't juggle chainsaws then you probably shouldn't be doing it.

Now please stop giving a method (real, false, or uneducatedly dangerous) in this public forum. Thanks
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
I guess "NS" stands for 'nuf said.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
NS
Thanks for your clear thoughts & advice.
Can we assume that you are a jugular that juggles a chain saw?
Or are you one that did but lost an arm or tow?
Or do you know of a Jugular that hurt him self doing this?
Or maybe you heard of a chain spinning of into the audience and killing someone?
Or maybe like me you don't know anything about juggerling chainsaws?
Mario
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Hi again

Sorry if I came off harsh. I was trying to help. Several years ago I posted some comments here about how to gaff saws but they were removed due to giving away secrets. I saw (no pun intended) that they were correct for removing them. Perhaps my wording at this time was not as delecate as it should have been.

Anyway I'm sorry you don't want my advice which is based on several years of experience. Good luck
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Quote:
On 2005-11-13 03:55, ns wrote:

Anyway I'm sorry you don't want my advice which is based on several years of experience. Good luck

That is not the case at all. The terseness of the your post made the message a bit harsh, and yet the message itself is valid.

I am certain you have seen Café members come to this forum asking for information that is not appropriate to give out to strangers in an open forum.

I will vouch for Mario, as it is clear he is a worker and not some kid that thinks it would be 'kewl' to toss around chainsaws.

You are right in your position, and if you have information that would benefit Mario, it would be best to exchange that information in PMs.

NS, please don't miscontrue the terseness of my post as a snarky comment. It was meant as a support of your position.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
NS
Most certainly do want your addvice, it be great if you can expand on it.
Please do PM me if you feel that is right, I will only let my kids know promise.
Thanks
Mario
ns
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
238 Posts

Profile of ns
Hey, I guess I just took the "Or maybe like me you don't know anything about juggerling (sp)chainsaws?" as a bit of a slam. I didn't see positivity in the post and as we all know negativity can easily be contagious.

Moving on. To do saws for real I had mine made at a local machine shop. The Echo cs 300 is the saw of choice. Aluminum is the best choice for material of the handle due to light weight and strength.

http://www.juggleart.com sells premade saws that are great but also quite expensive.

Something most people don't realize is that chainsaw juggling is very hard on the back. I recommend a back brace especially for practise. I go to the gym regularly to do arm and back exercises to avoid stress.

The best pattern I found for learning was a ball, club and knife. Double spin with the club. Of course this will be different for different people but a friend from Australia showed me it and it seemed to work.

There's more info that I don't feel is appropriate for a public forum. I'm on the road now and will send it shortly.

Best
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
NS
Your the King.
Thanks
Mario
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Is "juggerling" a UK expression? Like inserting an extra "I" in aluminum?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Nippulini
Na, I am a noconformist.
OK for real I catn spell.
Some performers perform because they want to be different, fewer performers perform because they cant do any thing else!
Mario
PS I did that with out a spell check. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Chainsaw (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL