The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Toy jumping coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
I'm not sure if this is the place to put this but it has to do with a toy coin so I figured I'd try here.

Years ago I had a little disk with a sticker of a quarter on it. The disk was a toy that when you put a little bend in it and place it on the table it would jump off the table after a few moments. It jumped because of the sleight bevel in the disk would bend the other way and lift it off the table. I know there are rubber ones that do this but what I need is the metal ones.

Does anyone happen to know what I'm talking about? What they are called or where I might find them?

Thank in advance.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Potomac, MD
5267 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Ron,

Edmund Scientific used to sell those but I haven't seen them in a long time. You might try to contact that company to see if they can track down the item for you.

Regards, Larry
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
If I recall, these were used in martial arts for speed and reflexes training too. Not quarter but rather slightly concave disks w/ a little nub to help them pop upward.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Didn't the old Tannen effect called "Blasted" use such a disk to launch the coins? That may be in the expanded edition of Bobo.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27140 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Larry, it was an ashtry.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
Thanks everyone.

I've been looking but I stil can't find it. Let me know if anyone finds them anywhere.

Ron Jaxon

After regaining my ability to hear after 20 years of deafness. I learned that there is magic all around you. The simplest sounds that amazed me you probably ignore. Look and listen around you right now. You'll find something you didn't notice before.
Tarbell Magic
View Profile
Regular user
UK
130 Posts

Profile of Tarbell Magic
Jaxon,

I used to own one. Repro Magic in England sell it as 'MOTIVATION'. I'd forgotten all about that trick, and used to use it at school all the time to make things jump off the desk!

Martin
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22838 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
http://www.repromagic.co.uk/

Weenieboy is correct. That is the last time I seen this little disk. I have a couple at home.
Jaxon
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Mi.
2537 Posts

Profile of Jaxon
If anyone has one and is willing to part with it let me know and I'll buy one from you.

Thanks again.

Ron Jaxon

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Toy jumping coin? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL