The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » A new angle for Angel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Ahhhhhh - what a satisfying feeling last night's episode of Mindfreak was. Though I'm not into Criss Angel's "freak" persona (But hey, if every day is Halloween to him, it's no skin off my nose.) I've been hoping for him to use the Mark Wilson method of *proving the magic* to the TV audience. That includes using not only one continuous shot, but also reassuring the audience that one doesn't use "camera tricks," slowing down a little, AND being willing to let any errors or mishaps shine through.

Didn't notice any errors or mishaps, but he did fulfill all the other requirements, and the magic was better for it.

Lest I be misinterpreted, let me make clear that I dislike "camera tricks" as magic INTENSELY. It's just plain not entertaining to me; it certainly doesn't seem like magic. And I doubted that Mr Angel was using much in the way of camera tricks (With the advisors he has, he SHOULD be able to do all these things without camera tricks.); it's good to see him work without them.

Now we can start a debate about him exposing the toothpick trick... <Irony; all is irony.>

*jeep!
--Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
I watched him do it live and it did not look that good.
But on TV it looked better.
He is comming out with a book with 55 Mindfreaks in it, the tooth pick trick being one of them. He will also show you how to self levitate. Balducci?

Every other magician, Blackstone Jr., Melbourne Christopher, etc. has put out books of magic tricks and exposed minor "secrets". All of these books were availble to the public.

Mac King has also exposed tricks on Worlds Greatest Magic.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The tricks coming in Angel's book are pretty much simple, public domain, easy to do and most have been in print for the general public before.

I think it will be a very nice book to have for impromptu workers. I know the folks that worked on it and they are top notch.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
boomassacre
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of boomassacre
Got to give the guy credit... I mean has anyone else ever had a weekly series? he's an instant pop icon.
I'm telling you the truth, I swear....
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3418 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2005-11-05 11:20, boomassacre wrote:
Got to give the guy credit... I mean has anyone else ever had a weekly series? he's an instant pop icon.

Hmmm...!

Mark Wilson and Don Alan come to mind.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » A new angle for Angel (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL