The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » appearing Christmas tree (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I know that there is not too much call for them but I think that it would look great for the Christmas shows. Has anyone ever seen one?

I am working on a stage model right now that will start at about 28" and open to 6' tall. If it works out I might make some smaller ones to produce for the platform shows. Just a thought. Thanks

Kent
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Kent,

Magician, Fred Becker, regularly uses one in his holiday shows every year.

Lyndel
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I produce a 2 foot singing Christmas tree, after I do the Christma Light Silk routine. I add a few more silks and make the classic steal from behind a table or chair. Switch it on and the Tree sings Jingle Bell Rock with moving lips and lighted eyes.

Nice surprise and great for the holiday season.
Dennis Michael
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Lyndel, is the one he uses sold anywhere? Do you know how to contact him so that I could ask? Thanks for your help.

Kent Messmer
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
I've often thought you could convert a botania into a xmas tree as I don't see any real reason it has to be round. You could cut it back like a topiary and refeather it and viola' one appearing xmas tree.
This may or may not work but it might be interesting to try.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Kent,

Yes, you can contact Fred through his web site at http://fredbecker.com/ He's a good friend of mine so tell him I sent you!

I saw him use the appearing 6 foot Christmas Tree at a theme park called Cypress Gardens here in Florida just last Christmas season.

It looked great (it was fully lighted) and as I recall he actually closed his show with it.

Lyndel
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
Thanks Lyndel I will check it out.

Payne, that is what I am thinking, only 6' tall. I have been trying to make it with PVC but can't get the branches in and out smoothly. I need to try with sheet metal but it's not as easy to work with. I'll keep trying. (unless Fred can help me out)

Kent
zaubern
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, Wa
335 Posts

Profile of zaubern
http://www.magicmakersillusions.com/ has a great version. Look under "Original Illusions" Lots of cool stuff here.
Zaubern Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » appearing Christmas tree (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL