The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Slow Loading Pages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Often my pages, especially the main dining room page will not load or I'll have to hit the reload button several times. Also, I don't get a response page and clicking the reload button doesn't do it. Is it me? My computer? Please advise.

- Swami Bill
That's MISTER Swami Bill to you.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
Quote:
page will not load or I'll have to hit the reload button several times

Any number of things could be the cause of this. The first thing that comes to mind is if you have a slow connection, or your network is having problems, that might cause the sort of behavior you describe. Also, if there are a lot of members on the Café when you try to access, the server may be too busy to process your request. If you are on AOL, it's possible that their server networks are too busy to process the request.

Quote:
Also, I don't get a response page

I'm not sure what you mean by "response page". Can you clarify please?

Mary B.
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Mary - The section of the topic page at the bottom, where the reply box is and all the cool little icons, frequently won't appear even after I hit the reload button. Infact, just now I had to back out of the topic area a couple of times before the reply box appeared.

-SB

P.S. Thanks for your help and all your hard work! This is a great forum and well run.
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
It sounds like you have a slow connection, or possibly a problem with your cookies. Have you tried deleting your cookies, then resetting them to see if that helps?
Swami Bill
View Profile
Regular user
Le Monde
135 Posts

Profile of Swami Bill
Thanks again Mary. I'll give it a try.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Magic Café Tech Help Area » » Slow Loading Pages » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL