The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Duane Laflin Moving His Mail Order Business (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
The January MUM has the ad for the new Locke Family business.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
I saw the ad ans the January issue offers a nice discout for some items, however, the Lock Family website isn't open for business until Jan 2nd. (It says so on their web site)
Dennis Michael
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
356 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
It's up! Check it out, it's pretty nice.

http://www.lockfamilymagic.com

BTW Amazing Bill, There was not much "confusion" on this thread at the Café. I did offer to let all read Duane's words for themselves. Just had to email me. Many did. I think we talked it through here at the Café very well. Bzzzzzzzzz.

-DeWayne
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7382 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
The Laflins got an order from me before the end of December, because I heard that they were changing the way they did business. I had not ordered from them in several years, and was not aware of this upcoming change other than reading about it here.

So, I for one, appreaciate DeWayne's helpful post. It helped me to make a purchase, and the Laflins to make some money. I might not have ordered from them at this time, otherwise. Thanks.

I just missed out on all the videos. Rats!

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
mommymagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of mommymagic
Hello. I would like to introduce myself. My name is Rebecca Lock and I am the daughter of Duane and Mary Laflin. Magic has always been a part of my life. I went to all of the conventions with my parents when I was growing up. I was also a part of their show, as well as a stand in assistant for other magicians. I ran the Laflin Magic mail order business for 6 years prior to them moving to Montana. I also handmade each and every one of their feather plumes. When my parents, and their business, moved my husband and I stayed here in Colorado. We have 4 children and this is where my husband grew up. Although we were far from the business, I continued to make the feather plumes and would help out at the office whenever I was there to visit. I have really missed running the mail order, as it was something I really enjoyed and I wanted to be a part of the magic world- but not a performer or assistant.
My husband and I had been talking for sometime about opening up a branch of Laflin Magic, but we felt that it was a few years down the road. When we heard from my parents their passion for building a theater and their desire to stop the mail order business, we immediately told them that we would love to take it over. Over the past 5 months, we have been preparing for taking over the business. I spent several weeks in October working in their mail order business to orientate myself with what has changed since I had worked there. We are absolutely thrilled with the opportunity to carry the Laflin Magic products and serve as a mail order business, while at the same time allowing my parents to focus on their travels and the theater.
Duane is in the process of revamping some of his products and when they become available we will offer them on our site. We will be working behind the scenes with Laflin Magic to bring our customers the newest and the best. We hope to have all the products that you would expect them to carry, and more. However, we are unable to carry everything immediately, but we are doing our best to get in all the products we can. We hope that you come and visit us at lockfamilymagic.com and if you are looking for something that we do no carry, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know what you are looking for. We will do our best to offer fast and reliable service and to have in stock what you need.
Please do not forget that Laflin Magic is still in business. You will see them at many conventions through out the year and will be able to purchase product from them at the conventions. Their website will soon be updated to reflect their travel schedule and information regarding their performances. I am so very happy for them that they are going to be able to focus on the part of the Magic business that they love- teaching and performing.

Rebecca Lock
DeWayne
View Profile
Veteran user
Greencastle, PA
356 Posts

Profile of DeWayne
Rebecca!

Welcome to the Café'. I am personally delighted to have you "chime in" on this thread. Looking forward to doing business with http://www.lockfamilymagic.com . I spent way too much with your father's mail order business. I will miss Seeing Truth and Happy Magic every month. It's like losing a friend...I was used to, two issues of Duane Laflin ever month.

Your dad mentioned in the last issue of Seeing Truth, that http://www.lockfamilymagic.com would have picture silks at special prices, so we were motivated to go to your new site. I don't see any mention of it on the site. Is that something that you can share with us here or have plans changed?

Hope your new site is a fantastic success!

Laflinite,
DeWayne
mommymagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of mommymagic
Thank you for the welcome.
I have heard from many people that they will be missing dad's newsletters. You may want to check our our Free section and sign up for our enewsletter. I am going to try to continually update that section with tips, techniques, lists, and lessons from Duane and others. We really hope to have people connect with our site and feel like they still have a connection to Laflin Magic.
The special is not advertised on our website, but is advertised in both MUM and Linking Ring. We are offering five 36" silks (Butterfly, Clown, Bunny, God is Love, and Jesus) for $20 each or, buy three or more, and get them for $15 each. To receive this promotion, you must enter a promotional code in the spot marked promotional code at checkout. The two promotional codes in the magazines are MUMSPECIAL and LRSPECIAL.

I look forward to any input you have for me concerning our site. I want everyone to feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns that they may have.

Rebecca
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
6018 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Nice Site Rebecca,
I wish your Dad and Mom the best with their plans for a home-based theater.

Also, Will you be offering Dad's Rabbit Video?

Dennis Michael Dowhy
Dennis Michael
mommymagic
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of mommymagic
We are excited for Dad and Mom and their theater. The theater will be in Libby, Montana- about 20 minutes from where they live. The are also planning on having a small magic museum at the theater. They have been putting a lot of work into the theater and I am sure that it will turn out great.

Dad would like to re-shoot several of his past videos and release them as DVDs. They are no longer producing the videos but there is still some stock available. We are not currently carrying any of the videos, but if anyone needs a specific video- I will see what I can do to get a copy.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7382 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi Rebecca -

I have ordered a few times over the years from your parents, via mail (I don't buy online). I guess that I will now be ordering from you in the future.

Congratulations on supporting the magic community in this way.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Quote:
On 2005-12-05 18:16, DeWayne wrote:
And it seems Duane is pretty "irritated by the internet jabber" (REALLY IRRITATED).

If I have mislead anyone here at the Café...I am sorry... to you and Duane.

DeWayne

So, you mislead people, but you didn't confuse them?

Oh well, I hope people learned a lesson from this. I am glad that Duane and Mary's business will continue in the capable hands of their daughter. I have learned a great deal from Duane's lectures over the years and I'm sure his family will carry on the tradition in a capable manner. Best of luck to all involved.
Bill Scarlett
View Profile
Veteran user
Vermont
365 Posts

Profile of Bill Scarlett
Quote:
On 2005-12-05 18:16, DeWayne wrote:
- - - - LAFLIN MAGIC IS NOT OUT OF BUSINESS - - - - -

Duane asked that we set the record straight. Here's his quote..."To set the record straight: We are not going out of business. We are only making choices to do business differently! (There is a big difference between the two things). Mary and I will continue to be Laflin Magic."

It sounds like Duane wanted you to set the record straight because you put out incorrect or confusing information. Just admit that you were mistaken and move on. No big deal.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Duane Laflin Moving His Mail Order Business (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL