The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » A fakir busking show (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
I'm putting together a fakir style street show. More for the use at festivals etc rather then hardcore "hat busking" but I felt it was more appropriate to post here then anywhere else.

The idea would be to combine a little magic, mentalism and sideshow stunts into one show.

CROWD GATHERING - Bally and spruik about walking on broken glass whilst holding a burning goblet. (fire = attention.)

Once I have an audience of some size I will tell them I must prepare myself MIND, BODY and SOUL to walk the broken glass.

SOUL - I borrow $50 off an audience volunteer as an offering. I burn it in my goblet as a sacrifice to the 'gods.'. In return, the volunteer gets a lime (to bring him good fortune).

BODY - To test the limits of my pain, I perform the human blockhead.

MIND - A simple mind reading effect to prepare my mind (mind over matter etc.) Probably Bob cassidy's name/place.

Before walking on glass I produce the bill from the lime which I return to the man. I then walk on the broken glass before ending with an almighty jump in the middle.

I've obviously left out a lot of info but what do you think of the structure.
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Sounds OK to me,,,,but be very careful,,,,I use blockhead on the streets and unless it has a very strong comedy angle running with it you are going to get a hell of a lot of walkaways,,,mainly parents dragging their sproggs off.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Are you also able to do childrens party's?
Mario
NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6437 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Oh yes...but when I do kid's parties the nail goes up the KID'S nose. (keeps the little buggers in line)

Thanks for the heads up re: blockhead. Most guys I've seen do it on the street go for comedy or they build it up so there is no surprise.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
All I could say about this is that it seems too formed. If a street act is to tight or to lose it can be a problem. Some one walking in half way to this act would have a hard time responding to the 50$ in lime bit IMO. Also walking on glass is a very cool effect for the fakir style of work but the problem is it doesn't have real climax IMO. The jump is a good start but what about this...first hype up the glass walk and when it comes time give the audience more than what they were expecting by carrying a large weight on you back across the glass or jump onto the glass from a small step latter or folding chair. If you were to simply jump onto the glass from a chair or the like you could house the glass in a small 2 foot by 2 foot container for easy transportation. All of this once agian is simply opinion.

Another way that I personaly have gone is to blind fold yourself (gaff) and juggle somthing..knives, fire, combination of things ect and walk across the glass at the same time. This appears verry difficult esp with a fake "stumble or flinch" at the begining of the walk.... Just a thought... Have fun wirh the act and remember If you wow them to manny times the audience will become satified and you WILL get walk aways focus the real energy on that finaly!!!

Anton
The Tattooed Man
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Explain the $50 bill aspect. You think they are going to give it to you to sacrifice? Will you be holding a gun or a knife on them?
Steve V
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
Steve,

I thought everyone on the street gave you a $50.

That's what I dreamed last night.

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I saw a really good walking on glass bit that had a really effective climax.

Too bad I can't tell you what it is, because it isn't mine to divulge.

But it is a knockout.

And it would get you lots of bux.

As well as some spondulicks.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Zack
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Zack
I like this act very much! It makes promises. Since every trick is leading up to the big finale, you will hold the crowd while they wait for the big one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » A fakir busking show (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL