The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A co-worker passes, please remember his family (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Hello all. This is not about a magician, but a co-worker of mine at the asphalt plant. When I got to work this morning, I was greeted with "I guess you heard..." Well, no, I hadn't, and then, like a punch in the stomach, I was told my co-worker put a gun to his head and committed suicide last night. Needless to say, today was a very somber day at work. It seems the man and his wife were having some marital problems, and she had been attending counseling sessions ALONE with the pastor of their church (which at times had no one other than those two in the building). From the information I have piece-mealed together, my co-worker had taken a few days off so they could start working on their problems. I'm led to believe that she told him she didn't want to work things out, that she was having feelings for this pastor (who is also married, and said he had feelings for her). He leaves behind two very precious little girls, ages 5 and 7. At the very least, I think that pastor should have his credentials revoked. I'm sorry if I sound bitter towards this pastor, but having been made privvy to some of the behind the scenes workings of a church, there are certain protocols that pastors should abide by, and one of them is never counsel one member of a couple having problems without having both present. Another is NEVER counsel someone of the opposite sex without someone else nearby (at the very least, in the building).

I'm more familiar with suicide than I'd like to be, and not just from this incident, but PLEASE, don't ever think any problem is so big that suicide is the answer.

Margarette
The only stupid question is the one not asked.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3972 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
This situation needs to be brought up before the elders or deacons of the church.

Do you know the church it happened in?
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
Yes, I know the church it happened in. I've brought this up with several people who were closer to him than I was. It seems as though my co-worker was a deacon in this church. Then, I found out that this pastor in question performed the funeral. The man died on a Thursday morning, and the funeral was Friday afternoon. I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bit....odd.

Margarette
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3182 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Any male Pastor who counsels women, or female Pastor who counsels men is asking for a problem. His local decons and demononinational leadership should be made aware of his misdeeds.

I will pray for the woman, her children, and the Pastor and his family.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Margarette
View Profile
Special user
Memphis area
956 Posts

Profile of Margarette
I did write a letter to the state headquarters of the denomination. As one who has worked in a church for almost three years, I know the protocol for the scheduling of pastoral counselling. I pointed that out in the letter. I don't know what, if anything, has become of the letter. I'm assuming they just threw it away and ignored it.

Margarette
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » A co-worker passes, please remember his family (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL