The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New kind of reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Any of you think of anything we could do with this?

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulacity uesdnatnrd waht I was rindeadg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to rescheearch at Cmabridgde uninervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lterter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?

Paece,
Pasron
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Tahts ptrety fnuny!!
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2946 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I'm a writer, (fiction, articles, eBooks and books on magic and mentalism, etc) and the above really explains why editors are of such importance to us. Sometimes you have a typo like that and you read the text over and over and not catch it. Very interesting.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
Thank-you Parson!That may explain some of the horrendous spelling I have seen on the Café Forums.Horrendous Speller's take note:All you have to do is make sure the first and last letter's are correct! Smile
Kidding aside,this is a very interesting pnhomeonen. Rich
Amir
View Profile
Loyal user
New York.
296 Posts

Profile of Amir
Old.
James Houston
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of James Houston
Quote:
On 2005-11-03 21:38, Amir wrote:
Old.

That was a bit harsh. He didn't claim it was new. He meerly asked if anyone had any creative ideas for using this as part of an effect.
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Alex,

The fella that edits my work is Mick Ayres. I do the same thing as you wrote about.It all looks good untill he gets a hold of it!

He says I am the only person he has dealt with that just says fix it. Do what you think is correct.

And he does. Thank god.

Jack
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
That is great! If you read it really fast you can actually see the words spelled right.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
My dman spleling chekcer is borken.
Paece,
Pasron
+++a posse ad esse+++
Gabor
View Profile
Veteran user
Pécel, Hungary
367 Posts

Profile of Gabor
It's amazing. My native language is not English, yet I was able to read what Parson wrote. Smile

Gábor
"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
My native language is gaelic, and strangely enough that's exactly how we spell the English words. Creepy-huh?

Bobser
ps: To all my Enlish friends... "Poch mi hon".
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
cardiac
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, U.K.
250 Posts

Profile of cardiac
Bobser, I'm guessing that's the same as 'Pogue Mahone' ........go wash your mouth out !
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I am sure it has been discussed again in the Café...make a search...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Here's a harebrained idea. Compose a couple of sentences in this fashion, but spell one "significant" word correctly (say, a distinctive noun used as the subject of a sentence). Ask someone to concentrate on one word. Will they tend to pick the correctly-spelled word, especially if reinforced with some semantic "weight"?

If so, you've got a word force, which gives you...

Word test, prediction. drawing dupe, Mental Epic...etc.

Crazy, eh?

BTW, the idea was inspired by a Luke Jermay method for a book test described in Building Blocks.

jco
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Seraph127,
Thank you. That was great thinking and the kind of thing I was looking for. I will mull it oevr in my mnid.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
If you ever wind up blowing somebody's mind with something like this, gimme a shout.

I'll probably be the most amazed of all.

Smile

jco
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
580 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Quote:
I will mull it oevr in my mnid.

OK, I just got that.

I ain't quick, but I'm persistent.

Smile

jco
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
I really don't know what to search for. If you run across it would you please give me a holler?
Thanks.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
View Profile
Special user
886 Posts

Profile of 1908
I tried as well but I could not find it.However,i am sure there was a long thread about it...
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
Dave_J
View Profile
New user
30 Posts

Profile of Dave_J
Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!

Think Good Thoughts,
Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » New kind of reading (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.29 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL