The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Change a bill DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Anyone have this?
On Hocus Pocus..
Wondering if like Richard Sanders one
Thanks
Don
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
I have it, it's different, and it's incredibly visual.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Is this the Changeabill DVD by Fred Berthelot?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Yes I suppose, it's a wonderfull version. Well done Fred
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Thanks Larry...& Arthur
Ronnie Ramin
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Ronnie Ramin
Something that I haven't seen mentioned about this switch is that for those of you from the UK or places where your bills are different sizes, this switch looks terrific. Which can be troublesome with some other switches.

Ronnie
Boat
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Boat
Is it better than the Infinity Switch by Sean Fields? I like that one but lots of fidling.

Best,

Al
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
I do not own either, but I believe there really isn't a clear cut answer...it depends on what your personal syle is..or at least that's what I believe
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
Thanks Larry. I'm glad you liked it. Bob Kohler and his team put a lot of work into it.

Ronnie - thanks for mentioning the switch with non-US bills. If you watch the Euro handling, you'll notice that the indices on the bills make for a very visual change. Also notice in that handling how more of the bill is exposed until the moment the change occurs. A small subtlety, but it plays a big part.

Don - Changeabill is not like Sanders' Visibill. I'm not saying it's better, it just doesn't look like Visibill. It uses no gimmicks - no thumb tip, no specially-prepared bills... All you need is a regular bill and you're good to go. It's skill-based, but it should be within any average magician's skill level.

Is it better than the Infinity Switch or any other switch out there? Like baskitboy5 said, there's no clear-cut answer. Changeabill is propless and visual - there's no need to cover the bill at any time, or wave it, or flip it around. The change is instantaneous. It also has many applications as an invisible switch (for a bill in lemon routine, a billet switch, a serial-code divination of a borrowed bill) and as such, is very versatile. Though many variations are explained on the DVD, I'm sure those of you who use the switch will find varied uses for it.

Arthur - you should be getting your copy any day now!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2005-11-04 14:19, Fred Berthelot wrote:
It uses no gimmicks - no thumb tip, no specially-prepared bills... All you need is a regular bill and you're good to go. It's skill-based.....

Well, my friends, I thought I'd seen it all. magic is in enough trouble, without having someone come along and put out stuff that is skill based. How about a gimmick that does it all so we can concentrate on presentation???

Did I get you all?

Fred, there's an exciting buzz out there on changeabill. Thanks for sharing this with everyone and THANK YOU for getting magicians to start having to use their brains to perform magic!!

You ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris

Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
I was wondering if there will be a video demo of this dvd?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You know, it's very inexpensive and I don't think having a demo is needed. Some things, yes. Some things you want to see or touch, maybe due to cost.

I doubt there will be one working magcian that would have anything but fantastic things to say about Fred's creation.

Bob Kohler
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of Bob Kohler
Our team had a blast working with Fred on Changeabill. Even though Fred's not a full time professional I guarantee his work is. Fred is a very detail oriented individual that really thinks through all of the elements of his magic. Personally, I love great sleight of hand. Obviously I love precision gaffs as well, but the simplicity of just using two ordinary bills anytime, anywhere has a great appeal to me.

Even though the retail price of Changeabill is only $19.95 don't underestimate the value of the information that's packed inside. Fred's instructions are crystal clear. We shot the explanations from both the performers perspective and the audience's as well.

Changeabill can be used in lots of other situations and routines. The implications are almost frightening. Uses include but are not limited to signed bill effects such as Bill To Lemon, transpositions, billet routines, visual switches with other objects such as a folded playing card to a half dollar and more...

We've also included the work on the Million Dollar Bill. This is not only one of the greatest give a ways for promotional purposes but the best out for any bill change routine when a spectator asks you to change their one dollar bill into a one hundred. You not only exceed their expectations but give them the Million with your contact info. We tell you where to get them and strategies to help you customize the bill for your specific purpose.

So far no one has mentioned the bonus card routine Fred included. It's called Houdini and is an extremely convincing "escape style" card routine. No gaffs are necessary and it's easy to do.

All of us at Bob Kohler Magic are proud to have been a part of releasing Changeabill. It's Fred's first release but I'm sure we all will have the pleasure of seeing more of his creations in the future.
www.bobkohlermagic.com

Home of the BK Pro Line
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Thank's Fred I've just received the DVD "changeabill". Just like I said when you sent me a demo a long time ago, just AMAZING. Like Bob said the explanations are very well done and you are so british for a french guy when you perform. It's very professional.
And I want to add that I love the routine Houdini.Thank's Fred and Bob for your great job
Arthur
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Arthur...Will you now be using CHANGEABILL or still do your great bill change?...

:bigdance:
Tivoli
View Profile
Loyal user
Paris (France)
252 Posts

Profile of Tivoli
Of course magicman 1957 I will use mine, but I love the way that Fred use for changing a bill. the card routine "Houdini" is great too.
Arthur Tivoli
Fantaisiste-Magicien
www.arthurtivoli.com
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
I think the Changeabill DVD is terrific.

Fred Berthelot put a lot of thought and work into each detail. Every part of the effect is clearly explained and demonstrated from the spectator's point of view, as well as the performer's.

I thought Fred did a fine job on video, and he clearly worked out every option. He shows you sit-down and standup versions; he also covers many subtle points for audience handling and angle protection. Various cleanup methods are generously shared and shown.

You can use your own bills, of course, or you can borrow a bill for an immediate "impromptu" effect. It will require practice and work on your part to perfect this switch. But you will be rewarded by having a skill that can be incorporated into a professional act or used as an impromptu effect.

Fred's bill change has many applications. Included are great ideas for bill transpositions, mentalism and billet work, etc. Also, his bonus card trick "Houdini" is one you'll want to try right away.

The DVD is well-produced and slick. The detailed menu enables you to access each aspect of the switch, such as preparation, delivery, and audience management.

You'll find Berthelot to be a soft-spoken and concientious teacher. He also shares and credits ideas and handling tips from other sources.

I was impressed with the details Fred gave for preparing and performing the effect with Euros.

What a great deal this video is!
Fred E. Bert
View Profile
Veteran user
New York, NY
359 Posts

Profile of Fred E. Bert
Thank you all for such a wonderful response. I am truly flattered! Bob, thanks for the kind words Smile

Bob welcomed me into his home during the shoot and made the process very relaxed, yet kept his focus on the end product the whole time. He's on top of every technical detail whether it's lighting, sound, editing, creating the menu... That's all Bob doing it! To top off my wonderful stay, I got to meet some of the top names in the business and perform Changeabill for them. The real treat though was watching Bob demonstrate the Holdout for me first-hand. He showed me the entire system, all the attachments and how they worked. THEN he showed me what it could do. Despite knowing the works, I was totally fooled!... It's a thing of beauty. But it also takes skill to make it look that good.

I'm very excited that people are seeing the possibilities of this switch. That's really what Bob and I were striving for. Not simply demonstrating a $100 switch, but giving you ideas on how you can incorporate the switch in your own routines. As Bob said, though we didn't end up including it on the DVD, you can change a bill to a half dollar coin, or a bill to a card (or business card), or a folded card to a coin etc... Use your imagination!

As Conus said, it will require a bit of practice, but it really isn't out of any average magician's skill level. A couple of you also mentioned the Euro switch. This handling was actually developed at a later date when my family in France asked me to show them Changeabill, and I realized it wouldn't work with Euros! So I set out to reverse-engineer the handling. Bob and I felt it was worth-while to include it as it applies to most non-US bills. It's also beneficial to understand how you can adapt the switch to objects of different sizes.

I'm also glad the Houdini trick is getting attention. It was an effect Bob and I felt like including as a bonus. It really is a worker's routine, and I'm very happy with the way it comes off on video.

I must admit, watching yourself on video is cringe-inducing, as Bob had warned me. It's funny to me that Arthur mentioned my "British" style of performing and Doug mentioned my soft-spokeness. I'm really more "French" when I perform Arhtur, j'te l'jure! Smile But performing on video is different than performing in the real world. I hope I don't come off as too soft in the explanations. Looking back now, the best takes are when Bob would make me crack-up right before "action!"

Thanks again for your reviews. I sincerely hope the DVD is of value to you in your repertoire.
magicman1
View Profile
Inner circle
1183 Posts

Profile of magicman1
Just got it..
Very good..have to practice but like it very much..
Don
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I had seen a video demo of this awhile back and couldn't' believe it. It was so visual and since I try view anything new with as layperson's mindset, I thought it was quite startling.

The Bob Kohler produced DVD is, as usual, a beautiful piece of work. Bob has raised the bar on how DVD's are produced. Why this isn't sold for at least $50 is beyond me.

The Fred Berthelot bill change ( I like that better than "Changeabill" ) looks like real magic. You take their bill, fold it in full view and ,as Emeril would say, BAM, it changes.

I started doing Kevin King's 'Money Morph" because I found it to look more like magic than the traditional Mike Kozlowski method. Richie Sanders has a nice switch with Visibill, but that is nothing like Fred's version. Richie uses a TT and the change is different. Visibill is a nice change as the bill is waved. Fred's switch uses no TT and the change is instant.

I did the "Changeabill" in the mirror this morning ( it's one of those magical things that is fun to do to yourself ) and smiled. For me, it's the best method for this type of magic.

The idea of using the Million Dollar bill is brilliant. I only do the mismade bill if it's a show and I let the host keep it. The Million Dollar bill is about the best advertisement you can do for yourself.

I'm so thankful to Fred for releasing this effect to the magic community. I think everyone that gets the DVD and watches the performance will be amazed. Just Imagine what our audience will think!

OK, I'm going to go watch the bonus card trick Fred included.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Change a bill DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL