The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves101 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Is this a good video, Ian Adair's Doves 101?
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Magicguy, I think you have the names mixed up a little. Ian Adair has several books but the best I've found is the encyclopedia of dove magic. It's a 4 volume set of books that has a wealth of information.

Doves 101 is written by Andy Amyx and covers everything from care and feeding to actual methods and ideas.

Both are excellent books to have in your library.
Where the magic begins
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Ian Adair also has a video, it's good. But it has some really old tricks. He is old school but has some cool ideas.

Best,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Ian's video is called "Art of Dove Magic". I heard it is no longer available but don't know that for sure.
Where the magic begins
Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
OH really wow I did not know that. My cousin gave it to me. It was one of his last magic videos from back when he did magic. LOL

It's not the best but has one or two cool things.

Best,
Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
DoveDaddy
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of DoveDaddy
DOVES 101 with Andy Amyx is also available on VHS and DVD formats. Andy also sells dove holders, harnesses, pockets, wire & pro color. It's one-stop shopping for the dove worker. Go here: http://www.andyamyx.com/stageproducts.html
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here is another thread in this topic called Doves 101.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......3&13

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Doves 101 by Andy Amyx is a very good video to own as it covers a broad range of care tips but also teaches some of the more advanced techniques, including the real work behind what is probably one of the cleanest dove splits. --- I also just authored the new DVD version and it is available from http://www.andyamyx.com, stevensmagic.com, and several other dealers. -- Oh, and this is not a commerical. I do not receive any money from DVD sales Smile
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
If you authored the Andy Amyx DVD, let me say, GREAT JOB! The DVD by Mr Amyx is packed with info and the dove split is extremely well explained. Certainly a DVD that would serve dove workers, new or old, well.
T
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
Yeah I taught that punk everything he knows....

ok I'm kidding, he's not a punk...but yeah I've known Andy since I was 12 years old and he's one of the first guys I always go to with ideas to see who's done what, when, and where. He knows his stuff that's for sure. It's a great DVD and the DVD cover and disk design aren't too shabby either. nudge nudge wink wink
DANSPERRY.COM
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Yup,
The cover also Rocks! You da man!!! LOL
T
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Quote:
On 2005-11-07 19:34, Dave Scribner wrote:
Ian's video is called "Art of Dove Magic". I heard it is no longer available but don't know that for sure.
No I bought it a while ago and it is still readily available. it is really old school and is pretty lame. But has one or to good tricks. Sort of not worth the money. Andy's is a lot better!
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Agreed. At the time, Ian's vid was great but it is old. Being unavailable was just something I had heard. I know Murphys doesn't carry it any longer. Thanks for the update
Where the magic begins
Christopher Moro
View Profile
Special user
771 Posts

Profile of Christopher Moro
Thanks for the compliments. tdowell2007. Dan did the kick-butt cover artwork.
I too have known Andy for several years now. He's also a very gracious guy.
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Tony Clark has some great dove videos out on the market.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Doves101 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL