The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Great American Teach-In (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tyler_Magician
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of Tyler_Magician
I was asked to participate in the Great American Teach-In this year. Is it next week, but I haven't done this before. What should I talk about? I plan on performing a small part of my children's show. I am also doing a trick where I get the teacher's involved. I don't want this to just be a show, but I want to show the kids what a magician really is. I also plan on teaching the kids a trick. This is for mostly 2nd and 3rd graders, about 2-3 classes at a time. Any ideas on what else to do?
Thanks,
Tyler
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Tyler,

We will be interested in what you did do for this. Please keep us posted.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Try explaining the difference between a "guy who does tricks" and a magician. A trickster will only study books on tricks. While a true magician will study art, drama, english, speech, reading, etc. Tell them if they want to be a professional magician, stay in school and finish their education.
Tim
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
A good trick to teach kids would be the coin under glass vanish, where you glue a white circle to the open end of the glass and turn it upside down on a piece of paper. You probably know the rest because it's in a lot magic sets. Then you finish it with the disappearing glass.

Easy for them to make at home and perform. My 6 year old loves it.

- Steve
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Get interactive with the kids. Show them a little magic and then ask them what skills they think are needed to be a good magician. You will likely get answers like, quick hands and being really sneaky. You can then focus in on the actual skills needed (ie. public speaking, acting, theatre, dance, organizational skills, determination, business skills, marketing). End off by empasizing that anyone can do a trick, but these are the skills a real magician.

Just my two bits Smile

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Great American Teach-In (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL