The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow Animator Questions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amazingcarrington
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of amazingcarrington
Hello...I've recently purchased a used Snow Animator II (the round stool version). As I've been reheasing with it daily in preparation for upcoming shows, it has impressed me as to how reliable it is.
My question is this....has anyone ever had any sort of equipment failure with one. It seems to be extremely well built with minimal moving parts.
I'm just wanting to have my bases covered before going into performance.
Thanks.

While I've got your attention....just curious as to how you keep the "wet" tissue from bleeding over into the load once your hands are together for the storm.
Again...thanks
Eric Buss
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of Eric Buss
I know quite a few people who have those stools... I have never heard of any malfunction problems... yah, they are well conceived and well built.

As for your "wet load" question... I don't know... good luck!
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
I have heard of battery life problems-when not in use for a while, charging has been inadequate and they have failed. Taking good care of your batteries, draining them completely every once in a while and recharging properly and you should be fine.

As for the wet tissue, I REALLY squeeze it to make it as small as possible. Depending on my costume, I either finger palm it or sleeve it. Raising my hands a bit, I just drop it in my sleeve, after the load has depleted I just drop my hands, palm and ditch it. If you squeeze it enough palming should be fine. Much depends on the paper though. I use a very thin tissue which consists of three layers of paper, I use only one layer. When wet and squeezed its really tiny.
Sent from my Typewriter
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3171 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I agree with MV, squeezing it enough is the key. Also letting it drip a second or to longer before placing it into the hand will help. Less to squeeze out.

Never heard of any serious problems with the unit. Any of KJ’s products for that matter.

Tom
bry1513
View Profile
Veteran user
373 Posts

Profile of bry1513
I have future plans on purchasing one of Kevin James snow animators and have a lot of ideas on how I will incorporate it into my act, none of which include using the wet tissue. Think outside the box. You don't have to use the same routine just because that is the one that Kevin uses in his. If it's giving you fits, think of something else.

Take care,

Bryan
Farrell
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Farrell
There are a few ways I've done this. the first is I put the wet tissue behind the fingers that are holding the Load then drop it on the floor when I look up. and the other way is I shuttle pass the tissue... into the load hand. then I squeeze the load while relaxing the hand with the tissue on my lap and dumping it into the blower.... the funny thing is... the wet tissue will not fly out when the blower is on... therefore you are clean and there is not hint of anything.... but now I just drop the wet tissue on the floor...and keep it from touching the load packet.
boboangus
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of boboangus
I Have one and have never had any problems
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
You can actually drop the wad of wet paper right at the begginning almost 100% of the audiences sight is only watching it in an upwards fasion. Below the hands is no worries to drop something especially as small as the WHITE wad of paper and even with the load encasing too.

Jared
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
I have one of Kevin's original stools and I still use it to this day. You should buy an extra set of batteries for it they make a longer life version that SEARS carries. The prop is very well made and reliable, you will not be sorry you bought it.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Snow Animator Questions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL