The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Google - Search for a card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hi folks

Can anyone help me find this web-based effect? It goes something like this:

I can't for the life of me remember who devised this fantastic mock Google Search page where you type in the search bar "What Card?" In doing so, unbeknown to a spectator, a secret code is entered. However, in entering the code, only "What card?" is seen to be typed in the search area. On pressing enter, a page is reveals loads of pictures of a spectator's chosen card.

I used to have this on my favourites - but have recently had a new computer and hence lost the link.

As far as I am aware, it is supplied free on a magicians website in the USA.

If this is your website, or if you know of him, please accept my apologies for forgeting the name of the creator of this brilliant effect.

Thanks in anticipation.

Roger
ozman
View Profile
Loyal user
Tenbury Wells, UK
272 Posts

Profile of ozman
Here we go dude:

http://ipolygraph.com/google/google.pl

now, could you plllease PM me and remind me how you enter the code? I keep telling people about this amazing link, but I can't for the life of me remember how to use it! ha!
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hi Ozman

BINGO!! Thanks for that mate. Sorted! I remember it well.

PM on its way, but the instructions are actually there! Smile

Roger
mickey.w
View Profile
Veteran user
HK
313 Posts

Profile of mickey.w
Go krazydad. it's on the site. Smile
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Can you please PM me with the instructions as well? Thanks
Adam
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Guys and gals,

Sorry to be a pain in the butt, but I've been inundated with requests for PMs at the moment for the instructions to this amazing site. (I shoulda kept my trap shut! Smile ) As much as I'd love to help everyone out, I can't cope with the demand (huh, I wish!) BUT, and a HUGE BUT(T), the instruction ARE THERE on krazydad's website as has been pointed out a couple of times on this thread. Navigate around, its well worth it.

By the way, this ain't anything new, it has been discussed a few times on the Café, as I found out after I had posted the original message here. (Another lesson learned!)

I don't know him personally by the way, but Krazydad is Jim Bumgardner and he does pop in here ocasionally. His website magic is free but he does respectfully ask for donations via PayPal. I'm sure a few dollars wouldn't go amiss if you are using this. Smile )

http://krazydad.com/fungames.php

Good luck

RK
jbum
View Profile
New user
Burbank
17 Posts

Profile of jbum
Those who like my Google effect may like a couple other computer-assisted card revealers.

iPolygraph is my "Internet Lie Detector", and you can read about it here:

http://www.krazydad.com/ipolygraph/secret.php

My new effect "Kirlian Sympathy" produces a ghostly image of the card on the screen.

You can download it here:

http://www.coverpop.com/sfiles/kirlian_sympathy.zip

- Jim Bumgardner
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
Seem to be having trouble finding the instructions to the google effect. Any assistance??

Thanks

Michael
mjb16
View Profile
Loyal user
Ossining, New York
208 Posts

Profile of mjb16
I found it!!! Thanks anyways!

Michael
jbum
View Profile
New user
Burbank
17 Posts

Profile of jbum
Instructions for the Google effect:

http://www.krazydad.com/bondoogle/
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
That's great! Nice little program. Thanks very much jbum. The lie detector is also very nice.

thanks
Magic is a vanishing art.
Roger Kelly
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
3332 Posts

Profile of Roger Kelly
Hey Jim - Thanks for getting it working again. I really missed it when it was down.

Roger
Seth speaks
View Profile
Inner circle
New Mexico
1250 Posts

Profile of Seth speaks
The lie detector effect is the best, in my opinion! It is a stunner! As you're tracing the circle with your mouse, it goes through all this scientific-looking foofarah, and really looks like it is measuring something. Then, there is the added illusion of the program being dead-on at differentiating lies from truth after each question. I mean, a person might be dishonest... but how could a computer trick us? Heh, this is a thing of beauty! Thanks so much, Jim!

Seth
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
Thanks a lot Jim . . .
Cards never lie
MagicMonkey#3
View Profile
New user
New Orleans
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMonkey#3
This is awesome!!! I love it.
"For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, none will suffice."-Dunninger
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
May be you like what I did: on the starting site of my homepage I've a hidden link (black gif on a black background)to the fake google site. So I can do it everywhere with any computer (I know my homepage address and where to click there...).Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
The image search won't work, can anyone tell me why? as soon as I click on image and type in /xx/, /xx/ appears and not "what"
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I have also no idea about software stuff etc. can anyone help me with the greasemonkey stuff? I don't get it witht he install user script somewhere etc
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
First you have to do the Web search, once you have the results you have to click images. Try it and you see what I mean.
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
Can someone help me with this monkey program? I don't get it to work. I have no ideas about scripts etc. if anyone professional can help me with it ti would be great Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Google - Search for a card (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL