The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taking an "Out" Do you do too? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Hi everyone.

Just wanted to discuss something that has happened to me now twice. It seems to me that "getting experience", doing magic/mentalism develops in waves, not steadily.

Once or twice a year I have enough of forums, threads and new stuff and I take a "time out".
I perform and enjoy the stuff I do but stop reading , discussing and just do my job because I am paid to do so and I give my best. After some weeks or so, I get curious again and visit "my" forums again.

The good thing is that ( in my opinion) it helps!!!

It makes me focus on the routines I do regularly, stop looking for the new things in mentalism. I get better after these periods.

Does "taking an out" help?
I think "yes".

My routines become more polished, more professional when I focus on them without looking around.

Mentalism is sometimes job, sometimes passion but I think this is okay and might even help. Can we be passionate all the time?

I took about four months off, now I am back again and it has been good just so; I have new ideas, new routines and look forward towards mentalism.

Do you have these moods too, or take a time off and does it help too?

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Indeed I do. I think it is healthy to have breaks from everything, as it renews the passion that started it all off. I recently had a year from rugby, and have thrown myself back into it with renewed vigour.

Regards magic, I do think that a break makes you inwardly focus on your routines, and they certainly grow and change during that time. Recemtly I had a year from magic, and when I returned, I found myself going through old books, and seeing the potential in effects I had deemed useless before.

I htink it is wise to have time off if you feel like it - magic should be enjoyed by the performer- or the audience certainly will not enjoy it.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
SHoT
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of SHoT
I totally agree to that!

S%
ravi
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
413 Posts

Profile of ravi
Good to be not alone.

:)

Ravi
I N D R I D C O L E

DEAD AnD GONE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Taking an "Out" Do you do too? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL