The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Floating Cigarette (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
I've been doing thread work for years and would love to do an impromptu borrowed cigarette levitation. The one I saw by Steve F. involved tying the it around the cigarette. Maybe that can be done ahead of time and switched with a spectator's cigarette, but I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas on a more impromptu way of hooking up (maybe a small loop of invisible elastic thread tied to the end of the it - white putty is too visible as is magicians wax) so I can actually use a borrowed cigarette.

Doug
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I use the leclair hook-up and have always done it that way. As I'm tieing it I talk about how you have to cast a spell on it. Comes off perfectly natural. Or at least I have never been calle on it. Then to release it I just loosen up the strength and slide it off towards the end. IF not lit. To tie it is basically lay it on top of IT and twist it once. You could do this other ways to I just don't know how to describe it better.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
WOW I'm really the only one who responded? Sorry dfeder
Give it shot though I thik you will like it.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Well, I would respond, but I have no idea, I'm only 15 so cigarette magic is not really my thing.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I understand that . KEEP it that way.
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2494 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
I have a borrwed version using a loop. If you want me to write it up for you I can?

Alan
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Dfeder,
After a while of doing this kind of thing, I have discovered that somestimes less is more.
Perhaps just a move away from you and then have it move toward you.
Just a thought.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Thanks for the replies. I believe Fearson's hookup is similar if not the same as the LeClair hookup. After reading the suggestions, I've played around some more and have something that seems to meet my needs. I broke off the very end of a toothpick and attached it to the end of my IT. All I need to do is push the sharp end of into the middle of the cigarette (horizontally). The hole is barely noticable. The problem with this is that I can't return the cigarette because it can't be smoked.

I'd love to hear any other ideas.

Dov
jsvoros
View Profile
New user
Brenham, tx
5 Posts

Profile of jsvoros
My best friend used to do a lot of floating magic, and as he's a chain smoker cig magic was one of his favorites. He would set up a small loop of invisable thread on his thump, like right on the tip, when he was headed out to go do some tricks. Then when he would ask to borrow a cig from someone he ran his hand through his hair while they where looking in the pack to get the string over his ear. After that it's only a matter of slipping off the loop onto the but of the cig and giving it a flip and half turn and the cig stays till your ready to take it off. When he was done he reversed the movement at the end of the trick and handed the cig back. One thing about this, in order to always have a pre set up loop to preform levitation's he always wore all black when he went to preform. It creats his oen moble background to hide the string.
dfeder
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of dfeder
Jsvoros-

That sounds like a pretty clever approach but I have to believe that you would need more than just a small loop of it to hook it around your ear and the cigarette and have enough room to manuver.

Thanks for the reply.

Dov
jsvoros
View Profile
New user
Brenham, tx
5 Posts

Profile of jsvoros
Yeah, you do, but I figuared it would be obvious how to set up the rest. Long string, anchor on s***t, loop on end. Hope it helps. Sorry about not going into it all, but trying to stay within the guidelines of the forum.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Floating Cigarette (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL