We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Candles Question... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elmago
View Profile
Loyal user
Northridge- Los Angeles, CA
268 Posts

Profile of elmago
How far do the fire laws go? Is having a lit candle in your act considered "fire magic"? I mean a real candle and not the Fantasio kind. I have seen Gypsy Thread performed where the string is broken by passing it through a candle flame. Do you still need a fire permit to perform it this way in public?

And now that I'm on it, what is the deal with Fantasio candles? Is that considered fire magic?
"Excellence is not a single act; it's a habit" Shaq quoting Aristotle after winning NBA MVP.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3178 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
The laws are different everywhere, and then there are different interpretations of the same laws that can come out differently...

It would seem to me that candles, although technically an open flame, would not be considered fire magic by most people. I think fantasio candles would probably be grouped with regular candles and not consider Fire magic.

An open flame larger than a lit candle wick, i.e. Fire from palms, etc, would cetainly be considered fire magic.

Check with your insurance carrier to find out if they consider it fire magic?

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Candles Question... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL