The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Starting out (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bennie90
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
169 Posts

Profile of Bennie90
Hi! I have done magic actively and getting paid from it now about 9months. Mostly childrens partys etc. Now I want to get into dove magic. I don't want to jump into it straight away, I want to first do some research and learn the techniques in theory before buiyng those doves and cage etc.

I have had quinea pig so I know and can clean the cages etc and I have the right "attitude" of animals, they are living things.

Also I don't have the money right away, so I would like to go to the dove magic by pieces, what do you think would be right budget for whole thing. Is 175$ budget enough?
I have couple questions:
Should I first buy maybe some video(s) and/or book(s)? and then props or at the same time? What do you think is the right steps to get into it.
What video/book(s) you suggest?

Thanks in advance, I have searched this forum a bit but I thought that I would get the right answers easily this way, and I am sure I will have tons of more questions

Bennie

PS: Is there any good articles etc I should read. don't want immeaditly buy this and that.
*going crazy with Jeff Mcbrides Art Of Card Manipulation dvds*
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
5168 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Bennie, do a search on member magicguy67. He joined the Café last month and asked the exact same question you are asking. Look for his posts in the Polly want a Cracker forum. After reading them, if you still have questions, we'd be glad to help you. Quickly though, in answer to your budget question,

Beginner vids are about $40 each
More advanced like Greg Frewin are $150
Pockets approx $25
Harnesses $30 plus depending on the type
Cages start around $50
Each dove is anywhere from $10 to $30
You'll need hours each day to work with your birds at first
Then there's the food, vitamins, grit, treats, vet care etc.

So it $175 enough? The answer is no.
Where the magic begins
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
It does cost money. But think what you already have invested in magic. It really may not be very different from the costs of other magic you don't even use.

It is a big decision. Don't rush it.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jasonmagic
View Profile
New user
Jason Magic Productions (Martinsburg,WV)
64 Posts

Profile of jasonmagic
Dove magic is something you work into. You can slowly work up an act. Start with one or two birds. Start withour holders. Check out Tony Clark's videos. Gen Grant is another superb dove worker.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Starting out (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL