The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Criss Angel quarter through soda can - Reviews (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 10:42, jynx wrote:
I have not recieved mine yet but I think it will come today Smile It will be my birthday gift. YAY!! anyway, with all the talk on the previous thread, how many of you that recieved your dvd had a correct guess on the method?

Probably wont come today - Its Veteran's Day and no mail service (at least by me) -- I ordered mine from Criss's store as well and never heard when I will get it. I sent three emails to them and have had 0 responses back from them. Now I am regretting not getting it from HP :-(
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
UGGGHHHH!! I forgot today was Veterans' day. All these years of my birthday being on veterans'day you would think I would remember. well I've waited all most 4 months what's one more day.......
Tony Venetico
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago, IL
238 Posts

Profile of Tony Venetico
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 11:47, dizney79 wrote:
I ordered mine from Criss's store as well and never heard when I will get it. I sent three emails to them and have had 0 responses back from them.

To all those who ordered from Criss's store -- I just got an email from them telling me that my dvd was shipped out on November 9 but I should allow 14 business days for it to arrive. So everything takes long with these guys.....now three weeks for shipping? uugh
Rcitgo
View Profile
Special user
Emporia,Va.
734 Posts

Profile of Rcitgo
I've ordered lots and lots from Hocus Pocus and I've never ever had a problem.Excellent service everytime.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 11:39, cougar261084 wrote:
I have a question

I hope I don't tip the method, cuz I honestly don't have a clue as to how he does it, but can it be done with any can?

cuz I noticed in the demo video the can has a wide drinkin hole, most cans in my country have a normal size hole to drink from, and thus if it is not possible with those cas would make the trick pretty useless for me cuz it wouldn't be impromptu anymore.

so the question can it be done with ANY can???

No, it needs to be done with the wide mouth can (unless you use a smaller coin).
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
For those who ordered from criss's store...14 days is a CYA guideline for shipping...you will probably get it much quicker.

NP
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 10:08, Werner G. Seitz wrote:
Quote:
On 2005-11-11 09:26, triXter9669 wrote:
Im contemplating whether or not to cancel my order from the criss angel store and just order it from hocus pocus.
Want my honest opinion?

Don't order anything from Hocus Pocus or for that matter Penguine..
If you want the Criss Angel DVD order it at:
http://www.mjmmagic.com/
Safe some money and get first rate service..

I actually ordered therefrom and I will continue to do so..
Hocus Pocus and Penguine are out of the question..
I've tried them a single time and that was enough!
Never again!

What were your bad experiences with Hocus Pocus and Penguin? I've ordered many times from H.P. and have had no problems whatsoever.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 02:39, jimtron wrote:
What were your bad experiences with Hocus Pocus and Penguin? I've ordered many times from H.P. and have had no problems whatsoever.
I'm sorry I've posted a thorough explanation earlier and there is no reason to repeat it.

I stick to my opinion and if you read through others posts, you'll easily find a lot of similar views re these 2 suppliers.

Anybody ordring from them, just do so, it's your money and decission, I'll just not use them anymore and that is my decission and I don't make those lightly but always with a *good* (for me) reason.
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
I have never had a problem with Hocus or Penguin - anyway there are some great reviews on this product on being the BEST impromptu trick out there. Looks amazing to me - I should have mine in the mail tomorrow.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-11-12 05:17, Josh Zandman wrote:
I have never had a problem with Hocus or Penguin - anyway there are some great reviews on this product on being the BEST impromptu trick out there. Looks amazing to me - I should have mine in the mail tomorrow.
You still seem to not understand what I said?

I ordred my copy, but not from one of the 2 mentioned suppliers and neither from Hank Lee which is the 3d on my list of suppliers never to use again..

I'll also post my honest review re the *routine*/trick in question, when I've studied that DVD and I don't care re all the fillers and stuff, I judge the value of that routine in question and the production quality in general, wheather Criss Angle and/or Wayne has painted their fingernails or not, wheather they have long hair or whatever, I care about the deceptiveness and PRACTICAL use of that routine..and I don't buy DVDs from suppliers that I don't trust..

Maybe you got what I said, maybe not..

Wheather you never had problems with Penguin or Hocus Pocus is not of my concern..looks to me you never have read the postings of those that HAVE, just so continue to order what you need from them..it's not of my bizz.

I though have the right to express my own experience I had with those suppliers -backed up by many others of their customers-, and I have done so extensively earlier...that you are not able to use the searchfunction and find others and my reasonings is your own problem... Smile

Have a nice weekend... Smile

Corey Harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Kansas City, MO
1229 Posts

Profile of Corey Harris
As much as I hate to agree with Werner, I will do it any ways...I had a bad experience with HP a few months back. Granted they worked with me after I complained, but that doesn't really change how I feel about them now. I will order from them in the future only if I absolutly have to. But I'm not going to tell you guys not to order from them. Up until my last experience I had no issues with them. I am just one of those guys that if you mess with me just once, you have messed with me for life. Now back to the subject at hand. I am really looking forward to getting this dvd. I think I may have the handling figured out, But it's all good. I cant wait to learn this from the creater.
CoinMan21
View Profile
Elite user
China
442 Posts

Profile of CoinMan21
Its not hard to figure out the effect after watching the demo so many times while waiting for the release.

However, the handling and subtleties to show your hands empty after the vanish really makes the dvd worth 10 times more than the retail price.

However, I have a slight problem with some of the cans. Not all but some.
skc417
View Profile
Loyal user
australia
226 Posts

Profile of skc417
Can someone who has seen the DVD tell us what was Criss' explanation for why he released it to the public ? I just want to hear what the lame excuse was.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-11-12 10:27, skc417 wrote:
Can someone who has seen the DVD tell us what was Criss' explanation for why he released it to the public ? I just want to hear what the lame excuse was.
The answer to your question has alreday been mentioned here at this board..and....his excuse was *lame*...

Michael Dustman
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
1151 Posts

Profile of Michael Dustman
Quote:
On 2005-11-12 06:24, Corey Harris wrote:
Up until my last experience I had no issues with them. I am just one of those guys that if you mess with me just once, you have messed with me for life.

I could see using that line for one of your in-ring promos but in discussing an order from a magic store????? WOW.

Thanks Werner for once again getting a "Angel-Soda Can" thread off topic and into a dealer discussion. Why oh why is this routine so hard to discuss the actual review. Almost nine hundred combined posts on this one routine and I think a total of 3 have been actual reviews or discussion of the product.

Thanks Eric for actually providing a review. I look forward to the beer can demo. I will need to see it at least six times. Not the trick, just the beer going in my glass.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-11-12 10:43, Michael Dustman wrote:
Thanks Werner for once again getting a "Angel-Soda Can" thread off topic and into a dealer discussion.
My pleasure.. Smile
Isn't it a *dealers* discussion anyway?
Apart from all the fun, I did promise -on another thread I think- a honest review..
Let me check back...
Yes, correct..I did:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/searc......=4332558
I'll though have to find the approprate thread opened by a lot of diff. ppl to post in.. Smile

My problem, but rest assured, my judgement will be honest and unbiased, soley seen from a practical view re 'performing' it, effectwise the thing is great!

Nick23
View Profile
Special user
England
549 Posts

Profile of Nick23
I asked Luke Jermay recently about this effect at a magic convention and asked if it was aimed at the lay public. He said it was marketed for magicians.

He also said that Banachek and him were having a session one night, and the trick was shown ( I forget who showed the trick, banachek or luke) and they then brought it to Criss's attention and that's how it appeared on the show.
Nothing I do can't be done by a 10-year-old...with 15 years of practice."
-- Harry Blackstone, Jr.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
All I have to say is that I believe it was worth the wait
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Ok since I have yet to get mine and will be e-mailing Hocus-pocus
So about the reviews. Are there any limitations other then size of can and or coin? Im trying to keep this on review.
p:m
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto, Canada
230 Posts

Profile of p:m
I ordered mine from cris's site. So I have no idea as to when I should be expecting this in the mail. I live in Toronto Canada.
p:m
<BR>www.petermckinnon.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Criss Angel quarter through soda can - Reviews (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL