The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Documentary Opportunity In Binghamton, NY Area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TheGreatDane
View Profile
Regular user
White Plains, NY
183 Posts

Profile of TheGreatDane
Hey guys, I'm reposting this here so that it reaches a few more people -- this will be the last place I post it though, I wont go putting it all over the place. Just want to reach as many magicians as possible (and as many different kinds as well)...

So here's the deal guys:
My friend Jetendra and I are making a documentary on magic and magicians. Though this is a project for Jeet's class, we also intend to extend this into a podcast, or something else, something on a regular basis. So, here's where you guys come in. We are doing this out of Binghamton University, and would love to get many different magicians and styles on film. So if you are in the Binghamton area, please contact me by PM and let me know if you are interested. We also have transportation up there and, depending on the specifics, may be able to travel to a more convenient area. Now, a few points to keep in mind:
- There is no compensation for this. We are college students, running this out of our own pockets. Let me put it this way: Ramen noodles are becoming increasingly luxurious to us.
-More than likely, we would like to shoot a few effects of your choosing, followed by a Q&A period to get some of your theories and stories from your experience with the magic world/community. However, if you have any other ideas, we are more than open to them.
-Maybe you don't live around Binghamton (or you do and just don't want to spend the time filming), but have a video on your computer of yourself performing, etc, and want to send it in? Feel free! PM me for an email address and send away. No guarantees that your clip will or will not make it into the video, though if it is used you will be properly credited and notified.
-Any other ideas or suggestions regarding this project are absolutley welcome. We feel this will be a wonderful way, albeit whatever small audience it may reach, to display the many different sides and facets of magic, and the rich culture surrounding it. We are very open minded, and always open to suggestions or comments. Please, PM away! And if you have any questions, once again, contact me, I'd be more than happy to answer them.

I know this may sound like a pipe dream, or like a couple of college kids looking to catch a free ride from some very honorable and respectable people. I assure you that nothing could be farther from the truth. Jeet and I really believe in this project, and are investing a lot of ourselves into it. We would love to document this wonderful art form and all of its many complexities, and would greatly appreciate your help in doing so. Thanks so much, all of you, for your interest.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Documentary Opportunity In Binghamton, NY Area (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL