The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Differences of opinion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
I am writing as one depressed bunny. I've just performed my new stage show for the very first time, and I thought it was awful.
However, the feedback has been incredible. Those in the audience I've spoken to have told me how good they thought it was.
Does anybody else have this, where their opinion differs sharply from the audience's perspective? How do we cope with this? How do we know what to think about this?
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
You're always going to think you could do better. Sometimes to the audience a bad perfomrance versus a good one is the same to them, although worlds apart in your mind. Of course the overall energy of the show would be noticable but only if they have seen you with a killer show then a not so good show. Your audience left with compliments - that is great! Nothing to be depressed about Smile
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Wow, must be going around. I did an awful show today. Afterwards, the lady asked for my card. Go figure. I think if you have one mind blowing effect that works, then this is what they will remember.
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Quote:
On 2005-11-13 02:43, Candini wrote:
Wow, must be going around. I did an awful show today. Afterwards, the lady asked for my card. Go figure. I think if you have one mind blowing effect that works, then this is what they will remember.

I've experienced the same thing a lot of times. Audiences think totally different. That's why you should worry if you feel too good about yourself and your performance.
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
121 Posts

Profile of Basil
It is, of course, much better than you thinking that you did a great show, and the audience thinking it sucked. If possible, videotape one of your shows. It could give you an idea of what you'd like to improve.
Shawn D
View Profile
Elite user
Hughson,Ca
436 Posts

Profile of Shawn D
Your telling me.It deffently was in the air then I was doing everything I could yesterday except goig to starbucks and getting everyone a cup of super java to get people pumped up and it was like they were in a trance.(I knew I should have did the hypnosis show) After the show they paid me tipped me 50 bucks and said see you next year.I was floored.
I know when I add new stuff or do a new act I don't feel good about it till I do the show a few 100 times.I just keep on tweeking it till I feel good about it doing it and it goes a lot smoother.
Shawn D
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Some crowd you could give the performance of your life and they just sit there. Others, a TT and some slips of paper and you could bring the house down.

that's show business I guess.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Differences of opinion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL