The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Marked alphabet cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JSRovner
View Profile
New user
Southern California
34 Posts

Profile of JSRovner
I recently had a small breakthrough of sorts, and thought it might be useful to others in the Café.

I've long been looking for a deck of marked alphabet cards. My goal was to have a set that would have all the utility of a Ted Lesley marked deck, but would be understandable by small children. Because there's nothing on the market, I figured I'd have to make my own. Because I'm a fan of the Ted Lesley approach, I needed an alphabet deck with a Bicycle back. Then I needed transfer materials that would include alphabet characters and would be of the right size. (The Boris Wild marking system includes only numerals, so that wouldn't work.)

Eureka! I've found both the deck and the transfer materials, and they work together like a charm. As with a Ted Lesley marked deck, the marking system is deceptive, but very legible, even in sketchy lighting.

The cards are here:
cards4magic.co.uk

The transfer material is here (2.5 mm arial in white):
decadry.com

I hope someone finds this helpful.

Jeff
Smoke & Mirrors
View Profile
Special user
506 Posts

Profile of Smoke & Mirrors
Thanks Jeff, this will kill in my family restaurants. Mindreading that will work on kids, I'm getting excited.
Brainbu$ter
View Profile
Veteran user
Indianapolis, IN
325 Posts

Profile of Brainbu$ter
The first link redirects to this thread.
The best virtual magic show by the stupendous zoom magician Jon Finch.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I has that happen, too (linking back here). Very strange.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Marked alphabet cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL