The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I need help!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Quote:
There are many many books on mentalism out there. I suggest Corinda's 13 steps to mentalism, and Annemann's book also.

While on the subject, which book of Annemann do you refer to? And now that we are talking about a book of Annemann, please refer to a book that Annemann wrote.
Xtasy0
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of Xtasy0
Quote:
On 2005-11-15 23:59, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Quote:
There are many many books on mentalism out there. I suggest Corinda's 13 steps to mentalism, and Annemann's book also.

While on the subject, which book of Annemann do you refer to? And now that we are talking about a book of Annemann, please refer to a book that Annemann wrote.

Practical Mental Magic I would assume?
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Well I guess Gus meant that Practical Mental Magic was actually written 1944 by a gentleman named J.Crimmins,Jr., two years after Annemanns' tragically death. So in common language we always talk about Anemanns book when referring to PMM.

Crimmins wanted to compile the, he thought, best effects out of The Jinx into one book. But unfortunately if you compare some routiens to the original in The Jinx you will notice that sometimes he did some improvements which not always are to advantage of the routine. But though it became one of the classic books in mentalism.

Though I wold suggest to get hold of 'The Jinx' since there are many more amazing routines in it. Every time I browse through this I find some new effects or methods I can use in my act.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
You're absolutely right. I just think Annemann deserves to be credited for the
right things. Jinx is absolutely powerstuff.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » I need help!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL