The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted pack (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
I posted this in the card section, but didn't get a reply, so I'll try here...
Is there any version of the haunted deck out there that will work in a table hopping situation and where lighting isn't a problem ? I currently use spooked, but light is often bad. Phantom deck and Burgers version are not for me : I just can't hide the secret... I considered the Cobra deck, but I heard that it doesn't reset easily... Besides I want to use tarot cards...
Anyone advice ?
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
LOOPS! by yigal mesika...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
I know the method by Mesika, but have never done it before an audience. Isn't it as light sensitive as ITR (or even more), isn't there even more risk of breakage ?
Enlighten me !
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
There are no 100% flawless method no matter what you hear/read. there is a risk of breakage if you are cutting a 20 kilos (44pounds) deck Smile there is a limit to everything, as for light, it is sensitive to a certain point. I've done it in broad day light with no problem (if you get them pm for a nifty tweaking)

now there is a second option, using an M5....but then the deck wouldnt be examinable... a third option would be using something called "miracle substance" but the deck would cut itself in you own hand, but IT IS examinable!

hope this helps!
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
I would re-examine Burger's version, espcially the one with the cloth that doubles as a card wrap (All the lay folks KNOW you must keep those cards covered and wrapped...)
Also, consider the Kundalini Rising method by McBride, if you have not already done so, this would also have a better re-set rate than the standard haunted pack.
Just my three sents worth.
Kay
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
If you can find a copy of it at a reasonable price, check out Tony Andruzzi's video, Bizarre!. It has a wonderful version that uses a deck that is wrapped in a cloth and is laid on a table. The performer doesn't have to hold the deck.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3045 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Doug Edwards' Really Haunted is suitable for all lighting situations and resets immediately, but does require the use of a table. This may be your best bet if you're not partial to Burger's version.

Best,
Neil
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Haunted pack (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL