The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TT levitators - My review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fandango
View Profile
New user
England
69 Posts

Profile of Fandango
The Levitator – My Review

You Get
> The TT gimmick

Preparation
Hide the TT behind whatever you’re going to levitate

Effect
Levitate any small object about one centimeter away from your hand

Pros
> It… um… works

Cons
> Same effect can be achieved by some methods in childrens magic books

Price
Normally found in childrens magic sets, but beng sold by some magic shops to older magicians as a close-up item at the rip-off price of £6/10 USD/8 Euros

Overall
I’ll keep it short and try not to turn it into a rant. This should be in the beginners section of ay magic website, and at the very bottom too. Even someoe who has never bought any magic trick before in his life would be extremely disappointed with this. It’s not even in my magic draw. It’s in the bin

1/10 – but if you worked real hard at it, modified it and spent a few years working on it you might (might) be able to get it up to one and a bit out of ten. Wish this on your worst busking rival. If you’re Satan
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Thread Boss Is the way to go & get some Loops & your set to go !
fengenroll
View Profile
Loyal user
NYC
226 Posts

Profile of fengenroll
Agree, the Levitator: Smile

There are MANY more practical ways to acheive the same effect.
The sorcery shop may be a good place to start searching.

F.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I fell for the same one when I was a kid. Thought I'd get a magical levitating device got a TT with a sucker on the end. Of course, it's on the bottom end of levitation gimmicks but it can be a fun bit of eye-candy if done quickly and smoothly within another effect.
George
jfkkraemer
View Profile
Elite user
SoCal
481 Posts

Profile of jfkkraemer
Try not using TT and just punch a thumb hole in styfoam cup and voila, it is levitating.

Jeff k
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » TT levitators - My review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL