The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hey guys I am trying to find some creative patter for square circle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HatTrix
View Profile
Regular user
USA
108 Posts

Profile of HatTrix
Hey everyone I resently purchaced square circle deseption and I like it a lot I am trying to find some creative patter or a funny storyline to keep the kids interested as I go along with the trick, I havnt been able to think of much for it.

Also I just bought a double load dove pan and I was going to use the old bake a cake in it routine and pull out a real childrens cake that are like 3 dollars at the supermarket but, If You have any better routines that I could use please post em here and help me out,

Thanks in advanced for all your help.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
I don't use patter for it, play it to the song Twist and Shout. I know KyleTheGreat has a whole routine with it, try asking him.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20518 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Especially for outdoor shows, I pack the whole show in the square circle. Then I can produce things as I need them for the show (like rope and shears, balloons, coloring books, doves, funny hats, and tons of silks, silk streamers, flags, silk tricks, etc.)

Each time I go back to the prop for more props or to dispose of what is left in my hands (coloring book especially) I show the works empty and say, "I keep my round secrets in here and my square secrets in here." At the end of the show my secrets are all gone again! Show it, toss a 36" silk over the works, take a bow and leave.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
Barry Mitchell has a unique routine in his book "Magic of thinking creatively" and it is on his DVD of the same title. It is called Sam and the Magic Seeds.
You will need to convert your Square Circle a little and get a couple of things, but it might be worth checking out.
Tim
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Just pretend that you don twant this stuff until you get what you want.ok its not the best.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
When I use it I use it as a running gag. I'll pull it out, make a joke, then pull a silk out to wipe my brow. I'll find things it it that I lost earlier, stuff like that.
Steve V
JesterMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Maryland, USA
319 Posts

Profile of JesterMan
I put lots of props that I have funny lines for in it (such as a fake hand, a fake foot, zipper banana. . . ), and at least one thing that they didn't expect. After a number of "lovely scarves" (yes, repetition can be fun), I pull out a spider, then drop it and catch it with a butterfly net hidden behind my table (last year, when we were inundated with cicadas, I used a toy one of those in place of the spider--"Man, they are EVERYWHERE!"). This always gets a great response. After lots of stuff, that in no way looks like it could ever fit in the box, I end with a happy birthday scarf, or a Hallowe'en or other holiday scarf. Then, out comes the hat coil, or oodles of ribbons.

When showing the square empty, I often get a child who will allow it to put his or her head in it, for a "really good look!".
JM Smile Smile

Balloons, Magic, Mayhem & More!
www.AArdvarkEntertainers.com
www.JesterMan.com

"... destined to take the place of the MudShark in your mythology... " FZ
billfromoregon
View Profile
Special user
608 Posts

Profile of billfromoregon
Samuel Patrick Smith has a Christmas themed routine on his website that you can download for free. Worth checking out -
Bill
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Another idea I was playihg around with but never actually did is something along the lines of using the square circle as a time travel or time machine. It could be made to look like one with dials on the front etc. Now if this is a time machine idea in mind, one could do some neat and interesting things.

For example: You could start with items you have in different locations around your area and they go into the box. The time machine is activated and the item or items vanish from the time machine. The items can end up back in the locations they orginally started from as if you went back in time.

The principle and concept could also be quite funny and lends itself to a variety of different patter and routines. For example you could say that this machine is the greatest invention ever made and designed because YOU built it. This machine actually locates all those missing objects we seem to always misplace. For example.. today I woke up and realized one of my socks was missing (you lift up pant leg to show sock is gone.) See what I mean. We have all lost socks before, but this machine can not locate all those missing socks once and for all. You start the machine and could have some funny music playing or sounds. You then produce a sock that is long and funny looking. But as you pull the sock out, another sock is attached to it. Well it looks like folks we may have found some other guys socks to. This is a powerful device. As you pull out this chain of socks you could have other funny items attached that can be things that often get misplaced.

Just some ideas for creative thinking.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Hey guys I am trying to find some creative patter for square circle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL