The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Walking on "flaming" glass! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

NJJ
View Profile
Inner circle
6439 Posts

Profile of NJJ
Has anyone ever set fire to the glass they are going to walk on?
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
I can't see how you would get that to work?
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5115 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Red Stuart used to do it.

And Todd knows a guy, I think his name is Istvan, who does it, jumping down from ladder of swords, into the burning glass.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Saw someone do it once--they poured the fuel along the sides of the pile of glass (ie, upstage and downstage), so it gave the appearance of the whole thing burning.

Don't know if he had wicking laid down, or what exactly was on fire.
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
It can be done and it's not that difficult or complicated. The question is where are you going to do it? This gets back to the venues and use of fire discussion.

Posted: Nov 14, 2005 11:37am
--------------------------------------
And I'll add in that, unless you have a specific idea the requires the stunt, then there is no reason to add fire to glass walking. If someone can't get the glass walk to play well and thinks they need to add fire to it to make it play, then they would be better of working on their showmanship skill than to spend time doing the R & D of fire on glass.

These comments were made as general advice and are not meant to demean the ability of anyone here. Well, except Harley. He gets too wrapped up in his work.
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5115 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Why, thank you Todd! It's nice to be depreciated by one such as you.

I also agree with everything Todd said. And he's not talking down to anyone, except he's so gol-darned tall!

BTW Todd, my garden is ready for a pile of wood.
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Well, I can vouch for Red Stuart (he hangs out with me in my piercing shop every Thursday.... lucky me!).... I'm kidding, Red's an awesome guy. The fire/glass walk is NOT gaffed. No fuel in front of, around the sides, or in back of the glass. The glass IS on fire! It can be done and is best suited for outdoor evemts (watch the wind!). Lucky for us here in Philly, we have regular gigs at a place called Whiskey Dix (421 N. 7th Street... be there!). Whiskey Dix is an awesome venue that features hot female barteneders doing fireblasts throughout the night from behind the bar (regardless of type of entertainment on stage). They have NO problem with onstage fire acts, if anything they love it! If Nicholas is serious about learning this, PM me and I'll get it to Red, who will in turn tell me and I will PM it back to you! Isn't the age of communication something!?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I have performed this particular stunt a few times in front of spectators, Dextre Tripp taught me.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL