The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I left my heart in san franciscooooo.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bunnydoctor
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of bunnydoctor
Hey, card magic stuff go on in sf? clubs? places where I can go see and learn stuff? thanks!!!

bunny phd
bunny phd
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Hey Bunnydoctor,

If you want to find out what's going on in the magic scene in SF, stop by Misdirections Magic Shop on 9th Ave (www.misdirections.com). Joe Pon, the owner, tends to know what's going on in town magic-wise, and is a good guy to know.

Paul Nathan, a local performer, sometimes does performances of his show "Devil in the Deck" at the Climate Theater, south of Market St. Keep an eye out.

If you're willing to make the trek to Martinez (about 30 miles to the east of SF), I highly recommend California Magic Dinner Theater (www.calmagic.com). The owner, Gerry Griffin, is a pretty darn good card man himself, and he does tableside magic when you come in during lunch hours. The weekend shows feature top-flight talent (Daryl, Losander, and Aaron Fisher, to name a few recent performers) and are well worth the trip.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Sean
View Profile
Loyal user
No Cal
205 Posts

Profile of Sean
There should be IBM and SAM rings in SF. Check the Internet for local meetings. You'll find man people there willing to show you stuff and talk magic with you.

I highly recommend visiting Cal Magic, especially for one of the dinner shows. Gerry Griffin is doing a great thing for magic and is probably the nicest guy in the business.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I left my heart in san franciscooooo.... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL