The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass Question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kramerica2010
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of kramerica2010
I have a question regarding the MP. I use it all the time. I was just wondering if I am supposed to kinda shield the view of me "pushing" the coin in the air? How is it supposed to be performed. Does it even matter? BTW Who invented it. I heard John Cornelious popularized it but didn't make it.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I've read it was first published in Principles and Deceptions by Arthur Buckley.

To shield the propelling of the coin, I'm not sure about that but you'd better use the move as a part of a larger routine.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
613 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I muscle pass with both hands, but for a routine, I usually use my right hand. With this in mind, I turn my right side of my body toward the spectators. Thsis will allow my right thumb to be higher than the coin and my palm. Then when the coin jumps, they can't see anything. Audience management.

Of course, I have done this surrounded also, and the moment happens so quick that no one knows or sees the actual coin position in my right hand before it jumps. They just see it jumping up to the other hand.

Hope that helps.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1497 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I agree with TomKMagic in that I turn to the side and do the move quickly enough that that don't have time to see it placed or in place.

After having dropped it downward from the left hand to the right a few times I quickly 'palm and pop' to send it 'falling upward' (usually to close a quick coin routine).
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Muscle Pass Question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL