The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » That one trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RobertFox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of RobertFox
What's that one trick that people do in their close-up routines that they know will floor people, the one preferably left until the end?

Robert Fox.
http://www.robertfox.net
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
You mean the trick where you do the move with the thing?
RobertFox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of RobertFox
Thanks for your opinion...
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I thought your were joking. There's more than one trick that falls under your criteria. Do you remember any specifics?
RobertFox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of RobertFox
I was only kidding - in the second post Smile Basically the one trick that people do in their close-up routines that they feel, consistently, gets an amazing reaction...the one that floors people...
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Ahh--let me put my crack pipe down. That's better. I thought you were looking for a specific effect you had in mind but couldn't remember. You're asking for opinions. Thanks, drive through please.
RobertFox
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of RobertFox
Two cheese burgers and one large fries
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
121 Posts

Profile of Basil
I used to perform "Two Cheese Burgers And One Large Fries" but lately I've found that "One Chicken Nuggets And A Large Chocolate Shake" kills.
Kevvy
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of Kevvy
Quote:
On 2005-11-15 22:15, Basil wrote:
I used to perform "Two Cheese Burgers And One Large Fries" but lately I've found that "One Chicken Nuggets And A Large Chocolate Shake" kills.

...Yeah, that one "fries" them.

I get very strong reactions when I have the spec select a card and then call a medium that I happen to know. (on their phone if possible) Even though I say nothing, the medium on the phone will divine what card they selected.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
I thought this was the mentalist's section. I must have gotten into the fast food section by mistake. Well, as long as I'm here, I'll have a burger and a milkshake.

If I were a mentalist, and in the mentalist's section, I would offer the starburst fireworks ending, where you have collected a whole pile of secret information about one of the party ... preferably the skeptic in the group, and you just unload it on him or her one secret after the other. I'm not talking personal secrets, but information the person can't imagine you'd know anything about.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
Actually the original question was also posted in "pick a card", so I guess it's about cards in mentalism again?
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2005-11-16 00:06, GusVanNostrum wrote:
Actually the original question was also posted in "pick a card", so I guess it's about cards in mentalism again?

I'm going to go waaaaay out on a limb and just say it. I don't care what people say. Mentalism with cards is perfectly fine. Now the teeming millions who vehemently disagree with me can respond.
Gordon Fisher
View Profile
Regular user
Derby, England
193 Posts

Profile of Gordon Fisher
Wake up dr rhine - by looch
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Hmm, for close up? PCT without cards, Card Calling with.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12020 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I think Stuart is right on with both.....

Its just hard to find something that beats a PCT/CT and followed with BCS after will keep em talking.
sjdavison
View Profile
Inner circle
Surrey, UK
1379 Posts

Profile of sjdavison
Ditto. Can't beat the PCT, and BCS - cards in pocket is the one for me.

That said, I still think Osterlind's watch routine is one of the best out there - easily one of my top three routines of all time.

Si
Simon, 32, UK

www.sidavisonmagic.com
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1032 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
I agree, if we are going outside of mentalism, 51 cards to pocket gets the best reaction of any card trick I do aside from a good ACR. I don't use the BCS for card calling, but then again any stack will work. I do however admire the workings of the BCS.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Satanic Playing Cards Live on Kickstarter Now...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/satanicplayingcards/the-satanic-playing-cards
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
You can laugh if you want Smile
but for me the old 37/68 force, banacheks version from psychological subtleties.
and of course PCT and sometimes watchroutine.
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Sorry but what is PCT and BCS? Is PCT Perfect center tear?
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
aussiemagic
View Profile
Special user
937 Posts

Profile of aussiemagic
Soryy, I guess it is the "Breakthrough Card System" right? By the way, how is BCS different from a stack such as SS?
How to become a professional magician:
Click here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » That one trick (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL