The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help with show idea (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
Hey there,

I didn't know where to post this, But a friend and I are planning to put together a
1 hour long magic show, and we have an ending and the middle of the show but we have no beginning. Do any of you have any ideas of how 2 people could begin the show so people stay interested?

Thank you,
Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
We would need a lot more information to even begin to answer that.
It depends on the type of act, your characters, etc,....
Try to think of creating a common thread throughout your act.
The first effect should get their attention and set yourselves up.
It should not be your strongest effect but it should be good.
Lots of magicians like to start off with no dialog and do manipulation to music.
Daniel Faith
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Daniel is right. In order to really help you in the best fashion possible, it would be helpful if you can tell us a bit more background information in regards to where you plan on doing this show? What is the market and venue? What effects you both do that you are oyutting into the show? What is the outcome you want from the show? and what Characters and styles you both play or possess? These answers would help us greatly to point you in the right direction.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Jeff Jenson
View Profile
Veteran user
Denver, Colorado
319 Posts

Profile of Jeff Jenson
Well, we both are classic magicians were through out the show it goes smooth and then all of the sudden we start trying to out do each other and at the end of the show we have dueling magicians. With dueling magicans we start of with small tricks and end up doing bigger tricks and at the end of routine we end up the same, just from differant angles.
The show will be a family show and the venue is stages any where we can get them.
The effects we do in the show are: I perfrom a dove act, flames to rabbit, multiplying bottles, floating effect and my friend does a silk routine, cups and balls with milk shake tumblers, vanising bandana and mentalisim plus we will be adding some illusions as well. But we might eliminate a few effects.
We thought of appering magically and then my friend goes off stage and I start doing my dove act but I think we should do an opening together and I can do my dove act later.What do you think?

Jeff
Jeff Jenson
"Keep The Magic Alive"
johnwolfe
View Profile
New user
gettysburg, PA
48 Posts

Profile of johnwolfe
Perhpas as your opener you both could do dueling multiplying balls. You make one appear, he matches, and it goes on from there. Perhaps the dueling banjos would be good background music.
Magic Enhancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Robert Haas
1805 Posts

Profile of Magic Enhancer
John..I like that idea. Pretty neat for a duo. They also hav a dueling paino music too. But that would bea cool idea for them.

Haas
Robert Haas
Magic Enhancer
Quality magic products for the working professional.
www.MagicEnhancer.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Help with show idea (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL