The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic should be "fun" (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I had some fun with Performing Arts' take on Romeo and Juliet today, indeed. Might get access to some video of the show, too. Forgive me, the beard/ 5 o'clock shadow was wearing off by the time this shot was taken. ie. after the show. Smile

Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3220 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Laurie, very cool, although I cannot approve of what you did to Mercutio.

By the way, an anagram of "Magic should be fun" is, "a con's humbug field". Smile
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
How do you like "Bemuusa goldfinch" ? Smile

"A humbled focusing" might be nice.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Tybalt, King of Cats?
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Yes, King of Cats, that's right.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Best part in the play. You make a splash, die early, and get to play cards for the rest of the evening until curtain call.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I stand quietly backstage and listen to the rest of the show, I do. I shot some dress rehearsal footage after Tybalt's death during dress rehearsal earlier.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Laurie, I don't doubt you. I had a small part in R&J a while ago (Montague, Romeo's father), and I did just as you did for several nights. It's a compelling thing.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
O.k. I'm changing my avatar, just for fun. I've been thinking it's getting a little cold out for the old one, but go figure, here's the new one Smile :

Maybe something warm to drink. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15959 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......art=60#9

I think this can work if I be me, singing the song, hopefully with a band, back up singers- I'll have to see if there are any takers in class. I will do the moves as precisely as I can without hurting myself, I hope. Smile But I will keep my hair and I will wear a red shirt in keeping with the style, black pants- stylistically appropriate, too- and shoes. I could go barefoot, I suppose, but I think I'll stick with shoes. I know I can't be Elvis and I think that's where impersonators fall short. I think an impression is a different story, an inspiration, an influence, and I'll do my homework with the choreography which is a big reason for doing this piece. I think I can pull that off, but time is limited if I want to perform it this term. I certainly think it will be fun to give it a try.

Here's a hint of the shirt, you can do the math on the pants. Smile

magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
I pitched for this in class today, and it's a go! Probably will do it as a live show performance, during which time it will be recorded, but we might mix that up a bit since we're doing multimedia this term.

landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4863 Posts

Profile of landmark
Great idea, Laurie! I'm sure you will channel that inner Elvis spirit!
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Magic 'could' be fun, but not of necessity 'should'. Even without being 'fun' it could be many things depending upon intention and how it is received.
Brad Burt
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Nov 16, 2005, mike gallo wrote:
Yes, I do...but more importantly...it should be fun to do!

Mike

The initial intent of the thread was to suggest it's a good idea for performers to enjoy what they're doing, Brad.
I've had an intense "should" discussion elsewhere here fairly recently and I understand the fine point. It's not intended as a command, and I get where you're coming from, Brad, believe me. But if you've been following me at all, you'd see where I've gotten to on that since 2005, FWIW. I recently pulled this thread back out, despite, the "s" word. My apologies, Mike, if you're getting PMs over this. Smile

Thankyou, landmark. I really appreciate it.

Magic could be fun. See the implication in that? Imagine that as a thread title. Seems to fit here at the café, somehow. My new avatar seems to be fitting in fairly well, too. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Testing...

It's 1:41 a.m.... that's a good start. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Jan 4, 2015, magicalaurie wrote:
O.k. I'm changing my avatar, just for fun. I've been thinking it's getting a little cold out for the old one, but go figure, here's the new one Smile :

Maybe something warm to drink. Smile

Sorry, just getting way too cold, I can barely stand to look at myself in that pic. January 5, I got sick, and was ill for 2 weeks- and the pic was taken weeks before that! Smile - great way to start the semester, notsomuch. We're doing hip hop in movement class now- much fun and I can't be sick, no way. Smile
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
2834 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Just got an email from our instructor with attached video she shot of us at our first lesson last week- bet you'd like to see that! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Food for thought » » Magic should be "fun" (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL