The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Table Hopping Cups and Balls with Carl Andrews. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Hi, is this worth getting? It isn't very much, so that's not the problem, I just want to know how many good cups and balls slieghts it will teach, for those of you who have it, how much of it do you use? How valuble is the stuff in it? Please tell me what you think. Thatnk you. -Cory.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3973 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I do that routine. I like it.

Keep in mind that it is only a 2 cup routine, though you certainly can bring in the third cup after (I don't do the section with the sponge balls that Carl does).
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5269 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Try the search function. This has been discussed before here at the Café'.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Cory Gallupe
View Profile
Inner circle
Nova Scotia, Canada
1273 Posts

Profile of Cory Gallupe
Ok, thanks.
Jay Newton
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of Jay Newton
If you want an excellent cups and balls video, I would strongly suggest Ammar's video on the subject. It will give you a great foundation for this classic effect.
tntjr
View Profile
Elite user
482 Posts

Profile of tntjr
I have this vid and like the routine, but I bought it to get "Ain't No Mo," his sponge ball routine, which is a lot of fun. One of these days I'll have to spend the time to learn it!
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
If you are looking for sleights: Michael Ammar.

Once you have the sleights down, a very good two-cup routine, better than Andrews (unless you want to move into the spongeballs) can be found in David Williamson´s "Sleight of Dave".

José.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
DonB
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of DonB
Carl Andrews Ain't No Mo and Cups and Balls routines are both excellent and worthy of your study.
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
There a a good pair of routines. I love the fact that the final loads don't take that much space. When I am doing Close Up work, I use sponge loads as well.

Get it!
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13334 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I too think that this is a great DVD for a nice 2 cup routine, a great spongeball routine.

It also has one of the most magical cups and balls moves that exists, in my opinion and I added it to my 3 cup routine right away.

Of course there are other offerings on the subject of cups and balls, but since you asked specifically about that DVD I will stop there.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Euangelion
View Profile
Special user
688 Posts

Profile of Euangelion
Quote:
On 2005-11-19 02:54, elgranmago wrote:
If you are looking for sleights: Michael Ammar.

Once you have the sleights down, a very good two-cup routine, better than Andrews (unless you want to move into the spongeballs) can be found in David Williamson´s "Sleight of Dave".

José.

Agreed with Jose's comments.
Bill Esborn

"Lutefisk: the piece of cod that passes all understanding."
Motor City
View Profile
Special user
Metro Detroit Area
551 Posts

Profile of Motor City
"Table Hopping Cups and Balls" is definitely worth getting. It's a good commercial routine.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
561 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Andrews routine is clean, entertaining, and well thought out. There are lots of opportunities for audiance interaction. I like the routine a lot and reccomend it.

The only drawback, imhop, is that you do need realestate on the table to place the cups. This is often difficult to come by on a table where people are having dinner. For that reason I do not usually do it for table hopping. I do use it for other closeup shows where I have my own table. I have a mini chop-cup for walkaround. I can always place that on someones hand w/out difficulty.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
doug brewer
View Profile
V.I.P.
1128 Posts

Profile of doug brewer
I agree that this routine requires some table space and air space (for the striking vanish) and really is not THE best for table hopping. You can always force in some table space if you want to do the cups (I use Johnny Ace Palmer's 3 cup routine from his video series). That said, Carl's routine is an excellent table routine with some really magical sequences. I've used it occassionally in that environment.
MagiUlysses
View Profile
Special user
Kansas City
502 Posts

Profile of MagiUlysses
Greetings and Salutations Frank,

Curse you for firing up my curiosity! Smile Can you describe the effect? And, if possible, where else I might find a reference to it should I choose to study it.

Thanks,

Joe in KC
Mobius303
View Profile
Inner circle
Lakewood, Ohio
1293 Posts

Profile of Mobius303
I liked Williamson's routine instead of this one.
Carl does a very good job explaining his routine I just prefer williamson's to this one.

Check it out and compare them.
The Wonder two cup routine is also, in my opinion a much better routine.
Later,
Mobius
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
fortasse
View Profile
Inner circle
1196 Posts

Profile of fortasse
I like the Andrews video. Apart from the two video set from Ammar, I'd also recommend the Bob White video on Cups and Balls. Ditto Michael Vincent's video.

Fortasse
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Not my preferred routine, but it's consistent and meets the need

I prefer three cups routines because I only have two hands and this difference in number opens many possibilities both in terms of effects and in terms of misdirection
Two cups rely mainly on sleights... except with Tommy Wonder who's bag is alternatively like a third cup or a large load
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3528 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I like his routine. It seems obvious to me that any routine seen on a DVD should merely be an inspiration to create a routine of one's own. Given that, I would have liked to see a bit more material on the DVD, but the limited amount on the DVD was good.

KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Table Hopping Cups and Balls with Carl Andrews. (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL