The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best bare-handed silk production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Anyone?
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
First, last and always start with Rice's Books. Find a rubberband and a 24" silk. Then read about "flash appearances". You'll save a lot of money and get what we lecture about anyway. Books hide great secrets.

It is exactly what Lucy and I use in our routines.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I like the Sam Berland Instant Silk Appear sold by Encore Magic. It keeps the silk in a small compact bundle. It appears fully open at the finger tips. It is simple and non mechanical.
Fills my needs.

Of course, every situation calls for it's own solution.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
I am familiar with the rubber band silk production, but it leaves my arm in an awkward position as I enter the stage. I have Rice Encyclopedia of Silk Magic Volume One but not Two.

Are you able to show your hand empty in the beginning for the Sam Berland instant silk appear?
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Kind of ....think of fickle nickle.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
If I am doing this at the very beginning of an act (or have one in a holder for later use), I sometimes use a move that Apollo & Shoot demonstrate (Cultural Exchange video) for making a coin appear or for the switching of two small objects. I find this move quite useful for a flash silk appearance after showing both sides of the hands empty (well, sort off, right?). I haven't seen anyone else do this but this is a big world. The only thing: I find I can do this easily with up to an 18" silk. If you need to produce a larger size then the method suggested by Bob is one my favorites as well. Through a little practice, you can either have the silk look like it appears between your hands and you can choose to either hold it by one end or by both. Or you can have seem to jump out of your hand. I prefer an accordion fold with this move so the silk jumps right out.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1950 Posts

Profile of kregg
A thread and placement at various points around the body is very effective.
POOF!
tdowell2007
View Profile
Loyal user
Springfield, IL
267 Posts

Profile of tdowell2007
Get the set of Rice books. They have all the information you will ever need! I have read mine several times and always learn something!
Tony
creesman
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of creesman
Don't forget about the Vito Lupo flash silk production.
Reesman
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
The Paul Diamond video "Silk Seranade" covers this very nicely. One idea involves stealing a Dye tube and showing both hands empty while switching tube. This leads to flash appearance followed by color change.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jimmy,

Hit an important point in how the appearance takes place on stage. A rolled silk will be produced much more slowly than an accordian pleated silk. Both have their place.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Best bare-handed silk production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL