The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The spectator is psychic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Can anyone suggest a few good tricks in which the spectator seems to be the one reading minds and predicting the future?
I'm not a mentalist, but I had a great idea in mind for a show and I just need one or two more effects.
thanks
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Ted Lesley's "Spectator as Mindreader" (or something similar) is a great one. It's on one of his videos.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is a light hearted routine, but Doc Eason has a thing where they look into a crystal ball and devine the card.

Also I just flash the person the bottom card and force it on the next spectator. They love being in on the trick. But again it may all be more lighthearted than you are looking for.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
340 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
There is one good effect in Kennedys book that comes to mind.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1544 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
Corinda, Step One, p.17 - spectator as telepathist.

Barry
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
The Wizards' Journal #3 contains "Rhine Outdone" (effect #9) in which two newly found "psychics" in the audience read one another's minds. It's on Spellbinder's Magic Nook web site.
Mark Ross
View Profile
Loyal user
Batavia, NY
236 Posts

Profile of Mark Ross
Here are a couple more--

Jheff's "The Mentalist's Ice Breaker"

Richard Webster's "You Are Psychic" from Strivings "Mobile Mentalism", the first book.

Mark Ross
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
BCS

Spec fans the cards at you.
You "select" one
Spec deals cards face up, stops when they feel the vibe
You tell them your card
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Thanks a lot for a the good ideas.
snm
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of snm
Jay Sankey's 22 Blows to the Head DVD has an effect on there called Vital Statistics, which fits right into what you're looking for.
dk
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of dk
The "spectator as psychic" is a presentational angle; not a method. With some thought many (most?) mentalism effects can be framed in this way.

Instead of *you* being the miracle worker who can predict the spectator's actions, the spectator is able to sense and move towards a desired outcome that you've set as a target for them.

Instead of showing how *you* can bend metal in the spectator's hand, allow the spectator to take the credit for doing it with the power of *their* mind.

And so on!
Thoughtreader
View Profile
Inner circle
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
1565 Posts

Profile of Thoughtreader
Out of this world is certainly an effect that would look like that. Key-r-rect would also be easy to frame for the participants to appear to be doing it, so would "Brain Spree" and "do as I do" also come to mind.

PSIncerely Yours,
Paul Alberstat
Canada's Leading Mentalist
http://www.mindguy.com
AB StageCraft
http://www.mindguy.com/store
rrubin98
View Profile
Veteran user
Cogito, ergo sum scripsit
301 Posts

Profile of rrubin98
I saw Derren Brown do an effect with a sw**i g***i*k in which he had a participant use two fingers to get a feel for which 2-digit number had been written on the face-down side of a business card. This "demonstration" followed a story of an 19th century girl who claimed she could see with her hands (or something like that). Anyway, the woman attempting to sense the number was amazed and claimed that she had just seen an image of that number in her mind. It was much closer to mind reading and much more memorable than the usual "I think I've correctly predicted which number you're going to say."

I wonder if she tried it again when she got home...

Richard
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The spectator is psychic? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL