The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wow... This guy Cyril is something else... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Those who have not seen his stuff look at these...

youtube.com

(There are other clips on the side there btw...)

I have to say that he's approach and thinking in performing is something else...

Incredible...
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
And I'm quite sure he doesn't have quite as big a budget as Copperfield, Blaine or Angel...

But his stuff is not only amazing but entertaining as well...

And he doesn't take himself too seriously, which is the BEST part...

He will do well in the years to come if he keeps on like this...

A much needed breath of fresh air in our art I must say...

Kudos Cyril... Kudos...

Smile
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Now, if only there was a Pop Girl Magician...

With the looks of Jojo, Lohan, Duff and the like...

Now THAT would be GREAT!

I'm not kidding...

Where are you gals?

Smile
sperris
View Profile
Special user
http://www.Anti-Conjuror.com
880 Posts

Profile of sperris
I totally agree, he's been one of my favs for years....the chopstick has to be my favorite video though...soooooo smart...
DANSPERRY.COM
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
That salt shaker through glass table was amazing. Unfortunately, you have to bring the table with you so it's not impromptu but neither are any stage illusions for that matter.
Caveat Lector
View Profile
Elite user
493 Posts

Profile of Caveat Lector
Quote:
On 2005-11-19 12:13, sperris wrote:
I totally agree, he's been one of my favs for years....the chopstick has to be my favorite video though...soooooo smart...

I would agree the chopstick effect is great, I really like his presentaion and the look.
Corrupting the art of magic, one show at a time
www.underworldent.com
www.myspace.com/johnshawcomedymagic
Townsend1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Wow! What a spectacular way of presenting a card sword. Is there a place where we can view this chopstik effect you are talking about?
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Townsend1, the chopstick clip...

youtube.com

Great Magic...
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
There is a link to the chopstick effect if you scroll down on the above link.
Nice videos...he does some really unique stuff. I've seen some work of his before, but these were new.

In response to the comment that female magicians should look like bubblegum popstars... I'll just say that there are several "trendy" female magicians out there; however that being said, I would never pick-up the popstar persona. It's not me. It's not most females pursuing any career. I have my own style and I do my own thing and that is true for most female magicians. We aren't parrots. That's not to say that we can't do unique, modern work.

I'm grateful that I don't look like the girls that were mentioned. I'm grateful to be who I am. I think I'm beautiful, trendy, and appealing...and I know many others who would agree. I don't have to be a spitting image of the latest month's "Teen PEOPLE" cover girl, or someone comparable to be successful... and neither do my peers... I can be myself...and who knows? That may get me farther than letting Hollywood mold me into there "perfect visions"...

That's my personal opinion on that...nothing more.
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Sorry Nell... I must've said something wrong...

Smile
Nell
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
265 Posts

Profile of Nell
You don't have to be sorry... You didn't say anything wrong. You are entitled to your opinion. I just feel that so many women magicians are overlooked as is that to be valued initially based on the fact that one looks like some celebrity who they are not is a bad move. Those girls you mentioned don't look the way they do on their own accord...Hollywood made them that way. I know many people on the Hollywood scene and none are truly happy with the pushing and prodding to be a certain way, dress a certain way,....lose 20 more pounds(when they're already far too skinny), etc. I'm not saying the "style factor" of these girls is a bad idea for magic altogether, but it's only right if the girl truly is that type of person. Pretending to be that kind of "popstar" personality will be disastrous because that's what the girls you've mentioned are doing and they'll be a flash in a pan. In about 10 years few will probably even remember them. Magicians need to find a persona that can adapt to span generations, not limit themselves to a current fad; however, they can surely be influenced by it.

I'm sorry if I sent the wrong impression from my post. I'm not angry (but I can be known to debate). Elements of your concept may be right for someone, and if that girl is out there, it will find her, but if she limits herself to that, she too, in my opinion, will be a flash in the pan... all-too-quickly making herself disappear...
"A trick may be very good...but...the illusionist must be better than the trick." -René Lavand
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
The first clip is brilliant for drawing in great media attention! Very interesting presentation.

-Jared
Townsend1
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Thanks Pakar Ilusi and Nell for the link to the Chopstik clip. This guy really knows how to work the media. Great presence!
PaxMentis
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, CA
239 Posts

Profile of PaxMentis
I'm sure we'd all agree, this guy should have been on the Dangerous Magic TV Special. Breathing a breath of fresh air is really an understatement. This guy truly rocks!
Do not go where the path may lead, but go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
jodi6302x
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of jodi6302x
Why doesn't he make a video of his preformances, it would sell out for sure!
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
He has a three DVD set here. On the right side there is the season 1 & 2:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=FLBF-8070#
wizardofsorts
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
935 Posts

Profile of wizardofsorts
Too bad they are region 2 DVDs. I only have a region one DVD player.
Edd
Edd Fairman, Wizard of Sorts is a corporate magician available for your next trade show, hospitality suite, client luncheon, or company event. http://www.wizardofsorts.com
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
MDS
View Profile
Special user
USA
528 Posts

Profile of MDS
Cool stuff!
Matthew David Stanley,
Comedy Magician
matthew@matthewdavidstanley.com
www.matthewdavidstanley.com
magicdoctor
View Profile
Veteran user
Wi.
380 Posts

Profile of magicdoctor
Talk about kicking it up a notch.
Michael Von Schroeder [url]www.vonmagic.com[/url]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Wow... This guy Cyril is something else... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL