The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm going crazy! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Ok I saw this 'trick' on the Disney Channel (Childish, I know). The kid says "think of the first card you see" you see like the KS and the kid goes 'King of Spades'..hows he do that!? Haha sorry if I'm being informal
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
Did the magician flip through cards and say "think of the first card you see?"
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Magicdan21....i don't think it's childish, I learned the "primitive" way of the kundalini rising on the Disney channel! LOL
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Quote:
On 2005-11-19 18:18, Josh Zandman wrote:
Did the magician flip through cards and say "think of the first card you see?"

Yeah! Like when your going to do a top card force, errr my way of a top card force Smile heh. Any ideas of the trick or method?

pkg- Haha, I prefer not to tell my audience the source of my tricks Smile
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hi MagicDan21,

Welcome to the Café.

I would have to have a bit more info before I could give you an accurate answer.
Please give us more.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
It is a relatively easy trick but not always 100%. I don't want to be mean however secrets can only be discussed in the secrets forum which you may access after 50 relevant posts. Read the rules for what constitutes a relevant post. It is considered bad form to outright ask how something is done, but after only two posts it isn't just bad form, it is against the rules of the Café.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Parson- Heh, that was all the information I knew..sorry.

Frank- I've been 'Lurching' around this site for a few months before registering and you seem to be one of the 'Search Before You Post' or 'I know the answer but I'm not telling you' type of guys. that's fine, but you could atleast say the name of the trick so I can research it on my own, and I'm sure most weren't offended by my 'horrible form of asking a question with only two posts'
Josh Zandman
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of Josh Zandman
It's called "Force of Thought" I own it and use it all the time! Criss angel uses this deck on his website for the online trick. Definitely go buy it - very good deck to carry around.
Loual4
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, Canada
670 Posts

Profile of Loual4
This is a special deck? Wow! I remember reading how to do this effect in an old magic book. Unfortunatly, I do not remember the title, but it might have been authored by T. Nelson Downs, or an other of the old masters. Anyway, I use a simple deck, with maybe one or two additions (this isn't secret sessions...). Gets exactly the same result!

Have a nice day!

Louis Jutras
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
It doesn't have to be a special deck. You can do that with any deck of cards but it is not 100%.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Jay Sankey also has an effect very similar to Force of Thought. It's in his Greatest Hits dvd.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
There's a method that's been called "Riffle Peek Force" by some.
However, the riffle method is called "Riffled Thought" in "Dai Vernon's Inner Card Trilogy".
This has been discussed as has a similar method from a fanned deck.
Neither uses a trick deck.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Jaz,
It sounded to me like that was what he was talking about, but I was not sure.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Thanks everyone for the input, I'm going to look into it!
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Quote:
On 2005-11-20 01:40, MagicDan21 wrote:
...Frank- I've been 'Lurching' around this site for a few months before registering and you seem to be one of the 'Search Before You Post' or 'I know the answer but I'm not telling you' type of guys.
Magic Dan you have jumped to a very wrong conclusion about me as most here can attest I am very helpful to people regardless of their time and/or status in magic. Something you would be aware of if you had actually been "Lurking" as long as you say. The easiest way to achieve what you want is with a short card just prior to and attatched to your force. If that is meaningless to you feel free to PM me.

Frank Tougas
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Magic Dan,
Frank really is one of the more helpful people here.
Trouble is, somebody will see something done on TV, jump on here, register just to satisfy curiosity.
It really is helpful to post a while before asking, but nobody wanted to be rude to you.
I hope that you will stick around and that your magic will blossom.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
Frank- I'm sorry if we got off on the wrong foot. I'm going to do some more research on the riffle force, or force of thought.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
Thanks Gary. And Dan, welcome to the Café.

Frank Tougas
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » I'm going crazy! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL