We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Gum magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
tropicalpenguin
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of tropicalpenguin
I was sitting here reading and chewing gum when I got an interesting idea, doing magic with gum. Any one have any ideas? I think it's a good concept. Hardly anyone carries a pack of cards or anything like that, and there are so many different varieties that no one will think you could do anything with it. Well, what do you think?
-The penguin has spoken Smile

-How could 52 pieces of cardboard ever bring so much joy?
Moffmo
View Profile
Regular user
Castleford
143 Posts

Profile of Moffmo
There are many gum effects in magic,

look around you may be impressed.

Matt
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
I believe Tom Mullica covers some gum effects in his Expert impromptu magic made easy series.

Smile
Glenn Watson
View Profile
Special user
731 Posts

Profile of Glenn Watson
There are two marketed effects that have been discussed at the Café, they are Sticky Situation by Andy Leviss, and Wrap It Up by Jay Sankey. I believe both involve chewing some gum and restoring it to an unchewed, wrapped state.

oblique
This is my 17th year on being a member of the cafe.
jonnyt
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of jonnyt
Yes, Andy Leviss's trick is pretty cool.
Basically you are chewing gum and you take it out, then you "magically" transform it back to a normal stick of gum. (unwrapped) Next you transform it to a wrapped piece of gum! Pretty easy to do trick.
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
Lifesavers- Mike Weber

Mike has two gum-chewing spectators. He makes their gum switch places.
wayman
View Profile
Special user
England - Sunderland
587 Posts

Profile of wayman
I believe The "Art of Astonishment" series also has an effect in with gum.
mip
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mip
Quote:
On 2002-11-10 22:47, Rodney Massey wrote:
Lifesavers- Mike Weber

Mike has two gum-chewing spectators. He makes their gum switch places.

Blah!
I hope they have the same taste. Smile
alby
View Profile
New user
Mexico
13 Posts

Profile of alby
Ultimate Impromptu Magic #1 by Dan Harlan has a very good gum trick by Aaron Fisher.

Alby
Rodney Massey
View Profile
Loyal user
pickering, ontario
231 Posts

Profile of Rodney Massey
If they were the same flavour, how would you know they switched places? No, Mip, they are different flavours.
Rod
BarryRice
View Profile
New user
Indianapolis, IN
88 Posts

Profile of BarryRice
Mac King's "Tricks With Your Head" I believe has an effect where you spit your gum straight out and it circles around back to your mouth.

The same thing showed up in Magic Magazine within the last year in an article of the same name.
"The magic of the tongue is the most dangerous of all spells."
-Edward George Earle Lytton Bulwer-Lytton

http://www.amazingbarry.com
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
16939 Posts

Profile of joseph
Sticky Situation is a great opener for any close up act, since you don't want to talk with gum in your mouth. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
cardboy18
View Profile
Regular user
New york
128 Posts

Profile of cardboy18
This gum magic has interested me. I'm going to have to look into it more.
Ruben Padilla
View Profile
Loyal user
Narrative Strategist
207 Posts

Profile of Ruben Padilla
It's pretty easy to doctor up a wrapped stick of gum so that it has a different brand on each side (or flavor). For example, it's juicy-fruit on one side and doublemint on the other. Then you can do your favorite knife routine. You'd have to practice that paddle move, however. But the idea is sound.
Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Yah, ruben has a great point. You could take a bunch of gum tricks and make a routine. I also think Jim Pace has a gum trick but, I like the idea of a knife routine with some gum.
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
What's really coooool..... he he... if you could actually make a gum matrix... lol disgusting but coool... hey.. pick a gum. any gum. umm what else.. 3 fly with gum... or my favorite gum in lightbulb or bill in ABC Gum..I'm sure your audience will love you for letting them take the chewed gum out of your mouth, take a scalpel and try to find the signed 100 dollar bill lol
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Look under "Little Darlings" --"Mouth Coils."
Someone talked about bubble gum mouth coils.
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1479 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Well you could do chink-a-chink quite easily with 4 pieces of bubblicious. 2 in the hand, one in the pocket too. Or a transpo in the spectators hand. You could make a C/S gaff with 2 flavors of stick gum too.
Alpen
View Profile
Regular user
Boston
163 Posts

Profile of Alpen
Aaron Fisher has a few tricks with gum... (Elanor Wrigley is one, and Hey, Chewed is another.) They are published in his early lecture notes, and one was also published in an issue of the Minotaur.

Alpen
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24022 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
One rountine will be changing a cigarette in a stick of gum.

Another one will be changing a sugar gum into a sugarless gum.

Another one is to show Juicy Fruit both sides. Change it to Doublemint, next Big Red, etc.

I can't think of any more because it's too sticky. lol
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Gum magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL