The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Devil's Hank Recommendation ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
300 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Hi everyone.
I wondered if anybody can recommend a Devil's Hank to me. You see, I'd like to replace the one that came with my Vanishing Bandanna trick. The gaff is too narrow for even the smallest banana.

I'm aware of some really beautiful silk ones. However, given the sticky nature of squished bananas, and their weight, I'd like something that's a little less flashy.

Thanks for any help you can give.
Brian
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4745 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I HIGHLY recommend The Devil's Pocket Square produced by Fabric Manipulation and designed by my friend Lynetta Welch.
There is NONE better - period!
:smoke:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Brian:

The one mentioned above by Steve Brooks is beautiful, but definitely would not work for the vanishing banana routine. I think your best bet is to have Richard Hughes custom make you one - perhaps out of a busy patterned material to hide the big buldge that the banana creates. I also think you'll need about a 24 inch hank.

There are a lot of Devil's Hanks being sold, but I would have one made by Richard as he knows how to make the pocket correctly to minimize the buldge. Plus, he can pick a fabric that's easily washable. I've bought a couple things from Richard, and I consider him the best in the business.

Ron
Joe Howard
View Profile
Loyal user
The Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
204 Posts

Profile of Joe Howard
Just out of curiosity, has anyone handled the Devil's Hank made by Bazar De Magia ?

Joe H
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
747 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I second Ron's opinion.

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Brian Tanner
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
300 Posts

Profile of Brian Tanner
Thanks so much for the help fellas. I shall contact Richard.I know he does quality work, and he's a nice guy to boot.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4745 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Brian,
Before you do that, PLEASE consider the following:

A) Lynetta at Fabric Manipulation does custom work as well, something no one else has mentioned.

B) More importantly, she is an official sponsor of The Magic Café and helps to support the board that everyone here enjoys.
Think about that for a few moments.
Okay, rant over. Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Devil's Hank Recommendation ? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL