The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromtu effects that play to a larger audience (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
392 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
I am looking for effects that are impromptu and play to a bigger audience (something you could do on stage if you wanted to).

Some I can think of:

Watch Routine - Richard Osterlind
Pk touches - Banachek

List good effects only ( Mentalism or Magic )
Find out what you cannot do.., Then go and do it!
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Osterlind's memory demonstration with mind-reading kicker at end as described in his ebook.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Giant memory is great.

the 4 chair balancing stunt kills along with the lifting volunteers with the fingertips.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Pk touches - Banachek
need a source for that. Is that his small booklet or is it on his DVD's also?
I don't know I know you have this but might not be to good for stage but its new and out "Sinful"
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
392 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Pasia, I own sinful and It could be done on stage but it would be mighty hard to see. Also PK touches is in manusript form.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7292 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thank you I need to get my hands on those.. Also here is a PM
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Danny Doyle:
I agree, if you do giant memory and have a black board, or easle with pad of papper, you have a show. What is the four chair balance stunt- Where can it be found? Lifting volunteers with the fingertips- Do you mean the stunt whereby for spectaters do the lifting, under each arm and behind the knees?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes that is the stunt. The stunt is in the Encylopedia of Impromptu Magic actually from Magic Inc in Chicago.

The 4 chair balancing stunt was taught to me by another performer so I am not sure where the reference is to it. I am sorry.

Maybe someone else can help with a reference for you I hope! I need to appologise I am HORRIBLE with things like that. If I have the book I know it, but most of what I learned I learned from mentoring 20 years ago so the credits escape me sorry.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
MagicDan21
View Profile
New user
California
51 Posts

Profile of MagicDan21
PK touches I heard is a killer, I'm going to be looking into that one in the near future.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I don't recall who offered this one...it may have been Greg Arce. If I'm wrong, please, somebody, correct me. If you are willing to cary a NW and still consider the effect impromptu, there is a great one involving 4 chairs. Only one is haunted. 4 participants are selected, each holding on to the back of the chair. One participant discovers that he/she must let go of the chair...they can feel the influence of the chair. It proves to be the haunted chair. Sorry, if you are looking for PURE impromptu, you won't be able to use this.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19524 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The stunt I mean IS impromptu. It involves 4 people sitting in chairs and leaning back into each others laps and locking themselvs into a position.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
392 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Let me add:

Positve Negitive (on a large card)- Max Maven
Perfected Center tear- Osterlind

Im surprised that there isn't more contribution to this topic.... Please post your favorite impromptu effects that play to a large audience.
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
Paper Balls over the Head
Arm Twisting stunt (popularized by DC, found in Magic for Dummies, et al)
The classic "NO" gag as an intro to a mentalism piece
Dan Harlan's 'Starcle'
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Mental Yarn (memorized)

Equivoque routine - I often have a spectator select from 4 objects from the audience members. My prediction is written on my business card. David Eldridge has some excellent work on equivoque.

The possibilities are more numerous, if you have time to get to a store to buy a few things.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Memory Lapse by Jay Sankey in 22 Blow To The Head.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Are you sure that one was impromptu? I may be in for correction, but I recall it needs a few small props.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Mark Storms
View Profile
Veteran user
Seattle, WA
392 Posts

Profile of Mark Storms
Heres more

Touching on hoy- Luke Jermay- Coral Fang book (if there are chairs around)
Abnormal Lift- Taught by Osterlind on ETMMM (again if there is a chair)
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
13714 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm ordering the Osterlind DVds. That abnormal lift really has me wondering!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1939 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Daffydoug,
All of RO's stuff is well worth it.
He is not only a great mentalist, but he is a great entertainer and teacher as well.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Magic Spank
View Profile
Veteran user
Las Vegas
320 Posts

Profile of Magic Spank
Torn and restored napkin.
The one where you have a spectator follow along and they look like the ultimate dolt at the end. Or if you like, the one where you actually switch their pieces too and they magically restore the thing. Very visual and funny. And can be done anywhere you find napkins.

All these purchased tricks I don't know. Makes me feel old or out of touch or maybe just poor.

Rob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Impromtu effects that play to a larger audience (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL