The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing J and Psychic Sandra (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jondark445
View Profile
Special user
717 Posts

Profile of jondark445
Hi All:

Maybe someone can point me in the right direction. The Amazing Jonathan did a routine with an assistant (the one I saw was Psychic Sandra) where he put a bag over her head and would then commence hitting her on the head with things and she could tell what they were. The routine ended with him jamming a pair of scissors into her head (all done through the bag). I'm looking to do something similar so any advice or help would be great. Thanks!

--Jon
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't do something similar. It will be compared mercilessly to Jonathan.

No matter how original you try to make it people will call you a copy.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2032 Posts

Profile of jimtron
I agree that these effects sound specific to the Amazing J's shtick. Not to mention that many might consider this in poor taste (personally, I find it distasteful).
Amazing Dick
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Amazing Dick
I like when A.J. uses a stapler to attach cards over P.S.'s eyes to act as an blindfold.
Peace Out !
Amazing Dick
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4176 Posts

Profile of bobser
First of all I disagree with Jimtron. I think the act is absolutely hilarious and fantastic.
However I do agree with DannyDoyle that to do this you will be seen to be copying The Amazing J. He's been seen all over the world (due to media coverage).

And finally at one point I believe one of Psychic Sandra's eyes actually 'did' receive a staple in hit and she was rushed to hospital. So... it's not just a comedy act. It 'can' go wrong!

Bobser
ps: sorry to sound so fuddy duddy
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20540 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Bobser I don't think that ever happened. It sounds like an urban legend. I know the staplegun he uses.....it wouldn't actually do that. He would have to be a moron to put staples in it wouldnt he?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Amazing J and Psychic Sandra (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.32 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL