We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Lesley's Cabaret Mentalism (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1533 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
I won't go into great details, but I just did receive Ted's new L&L videos, and want to say only one thing....GO OUT AND BUY THEM IMMEDIATELY!!! These are great and Ted gives away quite a bit of fantastic info to the working mentalist and magician.
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
Larry Becker
View Profile
V.I.P.
241 Posts

Profile of Larry Becker
I want to emphatically state that what I'm about to say is not because Ted Lesley and I are members of the same good ole boys club. We are good friends and have been for over 12 years. But today, a package arrived from Ted (he's been calling every other day to see if it arrived) and I have been glued to my VCR ever since. I guess it's been a couple of years since he recorded them, but it was worth the wait. I can't believe he tipped the material he did on these videos. His Cabaret Mindreading is packed with some of the most devastating mental effects ever conceived. Effects straight out of his performing repertoire. The Working Performer's Card Stab, Tossed Out Deck Lesley Style, Black Magic III, a great bank nite effect, Booktest and Teleportation, Premonition a la Lesley, Decision, Decisions, Super Force and his increible Bending Wine Glass. And I haven't even had time to completely check out his Cabaret Magic. But if my opinion means anything at all to you out there in the Café...buy these videos without hesitation. I have NO financial interest in these videos. But I wish that I did. They have my highest, most sincere recommendation. And even though I'm his friend, I can honestly say it's very seldom I rave about someone elses' material. Trust me...I'm raving!!!
Visit our website: www.MentalismUnlimited.com
max88
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of max88
I'm glad that they are already on the way to me.
chrisop
View Profile
New user
23 Posts

Profile of chrisop
My eyes was glued to the TV for hours on end when my videos arrived yesterday and I finished watching them at one shot! Smile They are truly fantastic! Lots of great ideas! Two thumbs up!
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
The more we love a thing,
The more we see in it what others
do not see,
And the nobler it becomes in our view
*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Richard Busch
View Profile
Regular user
Pittsburgh, PA - USA
105 Posts

Profile of Richard Busch
I can only echo Larry Becker's words. I could only faintly echo anything he says or does. My two copies arrived yesterday. So far, just time to watch the mentalism tape, so I have a huge treat in store today. When you watch Ted Lesley, you just sit back, enjoy, and learn from HONESTLY, both a *master* magician and mentalist. I don't know how he captures the spirit of both, using humor with brilliance like he does. And I was there when he first did the bending wine glass. Gasps everywhere. The material is all explained with and to Charles Reynolds playing the part of Mr. Burger in the Maven tapes. Reynolds asks the very questions the viewer needs to know for first rate understanding. How lucky we are to witness this calibre of men in our living rooms. I will personally treasure these tapes and go back and study the whys and little details that make Ted Lesley truly an international star. What an honor to behold. And the thing is too ... Ted is REALLY FUNNY! The wink and twinkle in his eyes compliment the mystery! So order these 2 tapes already, with complete confidence! Just a fantastic experience waiting for all magicians and mentalists, very much like the Becker and Maven material. These guys KNOW what plays and also how to do it and teach it. Amazing!
Richard Busch
<BR>www.RichardBusch.com
<BR>RichardBusch@RichardBusch.com
www.TheMindFocuser.com
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Okay, the million dollar question for those of us who don't yet have Paramiracles: would it be better to get it first, or the videos? I assume the usual pros and cons apply, i.e. book = more material for the $$$, video = getting to learn from (which is not to say copy) Ted's delivery, getting to actually see the wine glass bend, etc. Is there anything apart from those conditions that would recommend one over the other?

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
firstron
View Profile
New user
26 Posts

Profile of firstron
Get them both
Ted is doing it for real people

There are some that teach but never do it on a stage

Smile
r
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2051 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2002-11-10 14:26, firstron wrote:
Get them both

#*%@! it, I KNEW that would be the first thing anyone said. *sigh*

"Honey, for Christmas would you get me..."

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
dAvId tOnG
View Profile
Regular user
sInGaPoRe
171 Posts

Profile of dAvId tOnG
I just received and watched the videos and they are really fantastic. All materials in his cabaret mindreading tape are top notch materials that are very strong. One of my favourites is his wonderful touches on David Hoy's Tossed-Out Deck. He makes it much more convincing than the original version. Those who got the tapes will know what I mean.

As for his cabaret magic video, I love his NO-GAFF version of the Six Card Repeat. Yes, it is a NO-GAFF version! check that out! Coin Thru Sleeves is one of the most commercial, comical and super easy to do one coin routines you can ever do in a parlor setting. The climax using milk is such a wonderful idea (and presentation) using a gimmick that everyone has in their drawer and will be something that everyone starts digging out after watching this video.

His Bill in Lightbulb is one hell of an impossible trick. It requires extensive preparation, but the final effect makes it all worthwhile.

How I wish this is a limitd edition video that is only in the hands of the few.... Smile
So what is everyone waiting? Get it NOW!

And Quinn,

His book Paramiracles is a supplement to the video. For some of the effects that were performed in the video and were also present in the book, Mr Ted Lesley gave a more detailed analysis of them in the book, for example, his ultimate presentation of the CT. It is by far one of the best presentation of the CT you can find. The video explanation does not do this effect justice. You have to read the book for a thorough analysis.
ESP Guy
View Profile
Regular user
Falls View, Vermont
137 Posts

Profile of ESP Guy
Quote:
On 2002-11-10 14:26, firstron wrote:

There are some that teach but never do it on a stage

I know a few of those... Smile

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Ted Lesley's Cabaret Mentalism (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL