The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » How do you get into it? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
How do you start to learn and get into firebreathing?
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2920 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
Sideshow School in Coney Island. http://www.coneyisland.com
joker 55
View Profile
Special user
England.
711 Posts

Profile of joker 55
Well prefrably in a book or that sort of thing.
FacadeTheStiltBoy
View Profile
Elite user
Greensboro NC
474 Posts

Profile of FacadeTheStiltBoy
I don't think that you can really find anything good in book form. I'm pretty sure that if you find somebody in your area that does fire performance work, you could mentor under them.

(translation: It's best to learn from another person in the industry than it is to go through a book and run the serious risk of injury)
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Where in the UK are you based?
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
DO NOT TRY TO LEARN FIRE EATING FROM A BOOK.
jennieprice
View Profile
Regular user
Quartzsite, Az
118 Posts

Profile of jennieprice
You really want to ruin your face for 3 seconds worth of wow? Don't learn from a book, get someone to teach you, and give them a GOOD reason to take time to teach you. Remember, you will get burned eventually.

Jennieprice
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
I can vouch for that, mind you I did not even read a book, But I did set me head on fire about ten years ago.

I came out ok but my hair was burned to a crisp, eylashes, eyebrows, beard, burnt hair stinks.
LOL
Mario
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
I don't know squat about fire, but I've been a piercer since 1993. Here's a neat analogy: learing to pierce takes anywhere from 2 to 4 months dependent upon how fast one learns. You CANNOT learn by watching a video, reading a book, ten books, a hundred books. You can read all the tattoo and piercing magazines, check out all the sites, you will still not be able to know how to pierce. A simple common pierce (let's say a navel) requires hundreds of facets of information to be performed properly. So many aspects go into each individual pierce it is impossible to "just do it" without endangering other peoples bodies as well as your own at risk. This also has after-effects including lack of self confidence, self respect, etc. There is only one way to learn: under the tuteledge of people that have been at it almost as long as you've been alive.

TGN

P.S., Todd, you learned to do fire at the Coney Island Sideshow Academy?
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Nonsense,,,,if anyone wishes to know anything, you should e-mail me.
I can instruct you in Fire Breathing and all techniques relating to useing fire in entertainment.

Just send me a cheque for £1500 or $3000 and I will by return, e mail you all this valueable info.
I also take PayPal, Argos vouchers,Labels off of Coffee cans and book tokens.

I do not take responsibility for injury caused to anyone.
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
Dang it Kondini, you just moved into first place for my favorite magicians.
Steve V
thegreatnippulini
View Profile
Inner circle
of Hell because I've made
2582 Posts

Profile of thegreatnippulini
Well why didn't you tell me it was that easy?!

Okay, one time chance..

Anyone here who wants to learn how to body pierce, send me a check or money order (U.S. funds only) in the amount of, say $7,530 (the $30 is for Band-aids and weed). After receiving funds I will send the recipient a 1/2 hour videotape, 3 books about piercing and a subscription to "Stuck", the worlds first piercing only non-existant periodical publication. That should be MORE than enough to know how to do it.

I too do not take responsibility for injury caused to anyone
The Great Nippulini: body piercer, Guinness World Record holder, blacksmith and man with The World's Strongest Nipples! Does the WORLD care? We shall see...
http://www.greatnippulini.com
Kondini
View Profile
Inner circle
3609 Posts

Profile of Kondini
Typical,,,we in the UK think up these idea`s and the B****Y yanks pinch em,,,,I suppose the Japs will now be doing the same at a tenth of the price!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » How do you get into it? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL