The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Hi there my name is Shane I'm 14 years old and I was reading through the post about close up venues and I was wondering what kind of venues would be good for me a 14 year old kid.
Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
When I was 14 I was working a few birthdays.
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
BaseballMagic
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of BaseballMagic
Shane-
How long have you been into magic? Do you prefer stage and parlor work or closeup? I would say for a fourteen year old some good ideas might be to get a small birthday party/parlor show together. You might also want to think some small closeup routines for strolling magic, restaurants, etc. If you are just starting out, doing free shows for charity shows and the like is always a good idea.
-Michael
Teen Magician Michael Platt
www.magicbymichael.com
Live the Magic!
sjballa147
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
278 Posts

Profile of sjballa147
Ive been doing magic for about a year and I prefer closeup but I'm also starting to look into stage magic.
Thanks
Shane
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Shane,

Dive right in and start working the Disney Cruise Lines!! 'Eh, or maybe that's too dramatic for a start. When I was your age- geesh it sounds like I'm over the hill when I say that, but anyway. When I was your age I worked restaurants. Hilton Hotels actually doing walk around close up magic. I'd recommend you start with close up. As it is less expensive than stage magic. At least- when I was your age (there I go again!) every cent I earned went towards a piece of magic. I took the Lance Burton route. He did the same. Well- probably all of us did at one time. 'Ya all know you spent a good bit of money when you first got into it!! But alas- that's my recommendation. Be wise though. Buy books. If you don't like to read- ah well tough. Ha; you'll learn to love it. Look into getting the Tarbell Course in Magic. Start from the beginning, hence Volume One. Hope this helps some. If you have anymore questions- feel free to ask.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » HELP!!!!!!!!!!!! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL