The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Your most expensive show ever... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Aaaawwww nice!!!! slickster
magicofCurtis
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
2545 Posts

Profile of magicofCurtis
Oh to the magician who said that we should not talk about our fees.... HMM lets say we agree on this... So next time you go to the store,,,, there will be no prices on items... BECAUSE YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT PRICE... So pull your american express out and rack it up.... ENJOY
haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I have quite a large background in the music business, and all I can say is at least magic pays you something for your time. The competition in the music business is so fierce all kinds of bands are willing to play shows for free for "exposure" in the hopes they will make it up selling cd's. Its ridiculous.

Anyhow magic has always been my true passion, I started taking money from people last year for performing and I can honestly say I see lots of magic in my future.

Its gone from an intense hobby to a substancial part time income, and if things improve the way I feel they will when I start advertising and promoting myself more... BYE BYE dayjob I hate.

The kind of money Curtis makes is well earned, remember many of us have a lifetime of study and practice, so when clients think our quotes are high, they must be reminded of that.

Also we all must be reminded that the higher your fellow magicians are being paid,
the more you too can be paid, so don't be negative when you see a fellow performer
getting paid 3x what you do for the same thing, see what they are doing, and then raise your rates

:)

Steven
RickyD
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of RickyD
This may not seem big to everyone, but this was big for me.

The most money I've made in a single show was a church show I did a week ago. However, I wasn't expecting it to be. Let me explain ...

They asked me to quote them a price. I did, and they asked if I would do it for a "Love Offering" instead. I told them I would need to stay overnight somewhere (it was late on a Saturday night, a good ways from home) and asked if they could at least pay for the room, in addition to the "love offering". They agreed.

After the show, they handed me all of the cash that was collected in the offering -- about twice as much as I'd expected -- and then they handed me a check from the church in addition to that. I made sure the check wasn't in lieu of the hotel room cost (it was actually about twice what the hotel room would've cost anyway), and they verified that they were paying for that as well.

The other biggest show for me was a community "block party" in North Carolina around Halloween of '04. Great show. (I did 3 small sets of magic between some other acts, plus balloon animals.) Great crowds. Earned quite a bit of money for that ... and then I wrecked the doggone car on the way home! (It was 11:00 at night on a dark country road a hundred miles from home when a deer jumped out in front of me. Swerved to miss it, ended up in a ditch, spent my profits on car repairs. THAT'S why I now insist on getting a hotel room for late-night, out-of-state shows! Smile )
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
-- Philippians 4:23
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Your most expensive show ever... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL