The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea for a card trick I've been working on (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
I've made a trick where you have the spectator touch a card, and look at it. the card is returned to the middle of the deck and you tell them, "I want to look into your eyes. Concentrate on your card. I want to be able to tell what it is. Eight of Spades. No? Crap. Um, let's see if a card has reversed itself in the middle of the deck. Nope. Crud." At this point you reach for your hankerchief and sneeze or blow your nose. The hankerchief unfolds to show an image of their true card. You then say, "Ugh, I must have a sinus infection. Take a look at this." You reverse the cloth to the side where you sneezed. Their card is right there. Right in the folds of the cloth. The card can even be signed.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
608 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
It would be cool if the handkerchief could have a signature also.

Cool idea though. I have done most of that type of routine, but not having the actual card right there. I basically presented it as a laugh-getter, your version has a little more magic involved. Well done.
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
Eman
View Profile
Regular user
Bloomington, Indiana
141 Posts

Profile of Eman
Thanks!
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Bless you
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
564 Posts

Profile of Roland78
After blowing your nose into the handkerchief, show them the card glue to it and let them wonder what's the substance which keeps it attached to the handkerchief Smile

Dave
magickdabid--uk
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of magickdabid--uk
Not too sure about the substance thingy....you may want to seek out a book just calld Card Magic written by Harry Baron (of the Magic Circle) there was a routine based on the same ideas, only in effect the selected card turned blank and the image appeared on the hank......very good MO as I seem to recall.

Dave
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Idea for a card trick I've been working on (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL