The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How ethical... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Hmmmm, u've sports games on the other hand EXTREME sports games. u've got white magick, u've got black magick....some people use words, some people use fists...

some bend metal...i like to bend minds...call me satanic...indulgence instead of abstinence...

Note : I did ask for permission to perform and he did accept! and I wouldnt consider someone who flourises cards and coins the way he did to be novice...

reaching for someone's throat can be agressive; if you are trying to strangle him...reaching for someone's ears around here is agressive, yet you see grandparents reaching for a kid's ear only to pop out a candy or money...

I guess the right question is " how ethical would it be to fight fire with fire" without flaring and showing off.
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
ptbeast
View Profile
Special user
Oregon
831 Posts

Profile of ptbeast
I guess I will take kind of a middle ground here. The truth is, I have done something similar, so I guess I can't throw stones. I don't think that there is any problem at all with what you performed. You are a bizarrist after all. What is less clear is whether you should have performed at all in such a situation. Put yourself in the position of the other performer for a moment. Would you want to be upstaged by another magician while you were performing (especially if it was a regular gig for you)? Yes, you did get his permission to perform, but what was he supposed to say? If he says no, he looks bad. If he says yes, he risks being upstaged. It is a no win situation for him.

I wasn't there, and I didn't see what happened (if it happened given Baba's post), so it is hard for me to say for sure what I think. Was the magician embarrassed? Was he upstaged in front of his clientele? Or, was he simply disturbed by your magic? This, to me, is the heart of the matter.

Just my two cents worth.

Dave
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Thanks dave!

I should make something clear, not everybody saw what I've done, it was just him, barmaid, and two of my friends. and what I've done was not to show others. now I could've simply taken him aside and had a pep talk with him, gave him some advice (which hits another question : " HOW to give advice to someone that looks pro - as in amazing handling, clean sleights and so on - from a NOVICE! " dave? baba? any advice on that?)

and reading what I wrote you should notice that I've hinted to the fact that it became ANNOYING.
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » How ethical... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL