The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Rocky (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gideon Sylvan
View Profile
Special user
Deerfield, IL
541 Posts

Profile of Gideon Sylvan
Which brand do you guys feel is the best Rocky the Raccoon? Also, where do you guys recomend getting it from?

Thanks,
Gideon
You know you are a magician when you have boxes full of lecture notes you have never read, but still are excited about going out and buying more.

www.gideonsylvan.com
Andrew Mann
View Profile
New user
Australia
22 Posts

Profile of Andrew Mann
The magic masters one, I've never tried any other.

Try The magic warehouse at http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

I've found them to have great service, fast shippings and good prices. $32.00 for a Rocky + shipping.

cheers
Andrew Smile
threecardmonte
View Profile
Loyal user
278 Posts

Profile of threecardmonte
I have only used the magic masters one too. I have seen a couple others and they don't look very good.
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
71 Posts

Profile of harp
Are all Magic Masters Rocky's the same? Recently bought one from a vendor and the tail is like a flat single ply compared to picture of what seems to be a full tail on the Magic Masters site. Have they changed this feature?

Thanks.

Harp
isaacfawlkes
View Profile
Loyal user
FL
256 Posts

Profile of isaacfawlkes
Sound like that may not be a Magic Masters Rocky. In all the years that I have used Rocky the tails have aways had a round core. There are others out there. Loftus sells a roxie raccoon but it is gray. there also is one from Forum Novelties in NJ

Fawlkes
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
71 Posts

Profile of harp
Fawlkes-

Thanks for the reply. It is the Magic Makers, came packaged with instructions, the whole deal. But the tail almost has a purplish hue to it and is definitely not round. Thought they may be building these to different specs for some dealers?

Thanks.

Harp
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I just got a MM one in and like yourself there was a stitch down the tail I thought it was flatter than my previous one but on examining the older one I can see the stitching on the tail if I part the fur. I think with use it fluffs up then looks round. Every time I order a new Rocky I think it doesn't look as good as the previous one but after a bit of handling they all look the same.

I think the head's got even bigger!! In this one the head is more than half the length of the raccoon.

George
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1869 Posts

Profile of kenscott
There is a big difference in Magic Masters and Magic Makers. The orginal or the one that has been out the longest is made by Magic Masters /Ken Fletcher. This is the Dave Williamson uses as well. There are a lot of REALLY bad ones being made over seas by other companies.

Ken
harp
View Profile
New user
Oklahoma
71 Posts

Profile of harp
Made a mistake guys, mine is the Magic Masters. I guess the tail will fluff up.
It appears that the Magic Masters site has an almost real raccoon tail. Was a real tail ever used?

Thanks.

Harp
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Best Rocky (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL