The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Juggling ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Hi. I juggle,and want to integrate it into my magic. Does anybody have any ideas on any effects using juggling. change a club into a torch in mid air,ect. Thanks!
Prof. Alexander
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Prof. Alexander
Hi Magic_man

I also do juggling and want to incorporate it in with my magic – the only thing I have come up with so far has been to use it as a preparation and build up for the bill in lemon. This involves making the juggling part pretty scripted and funny.

I also play a pretty mean guitar and sing – I am trying to incorporate this talent as well – make the most of what you’ve already got, I think.

Would love to hear any more suggestions

All the best
Prof. Alex
I met this chap at the Olympics. I said to him, "Excuse me but are you a pole vaulter?" he replied "No, I'm German, but how did you know my name was Walter?"
magic_man204
View Profile
Veteran user
north idaho
350 Posts

Profile of magic_man204
Thanks,you hit it right on the nail. its great to learn new skills but if you have skills already there is no since in not using them. any more suggestions would be good.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Start with the color changing rings. It's not big magic, but it looks good. It becomes big magic if you can learn to switch the rings as you juggle them.

Let's say you have three rings that are red on one side and green on the other. You have a second set of 3 rings that are green on both sides. These are hidden inside your baggy pants on your right side.

Stand with your left side towards the audience and juggle the three double-sided rings with the red side facing the audience. When ready to work the change, stop catching the rings on the outside edges and catch them on the insideedge away from you. This will cause the ring to flip over, showing the green side.

To switch the rings thrown them up really high and as you do so, your right hand drops one ring into a pouch in the side of your baggy pants and brings out a solid green ring. Repeat 3 times, and when you have switched all three rings, catch them, face front and bow, showing both sides of the rings are green. For a sucker effect, you can have red paper label dots on one side of the solid green rings and make them ask to see the other side of the rings.

Is that enough? Want more? You'll have to seek the rest on The Magic Nook Forum on my site, where the secrets are only revealed by passwords.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I was a juggler long before I was a magician and thought about the same problems for quite some time. I did the color changing rings as a wierd sort of mood ring bit, but I can juggle five rings so it looked way better than three. If you were a realy good juggler, I mean controll the actual spin of the ring in the air, you could use some of porpers locking rings to do a linking ring thing while juggling. The catch is you have to link and unlink the break in the rings while juggling.

Also you can do color changing beanbags with your back crosses. You just have to deposit one ball into a secret pocket while pulling out a different one from a hopper. Not to difficult once you get the knack down.

The problem with club to torch is that clubs are big, and very precisley balanced, so you're asking for a difficult bit of engineering. However you could, using an internal light system timed to your music, create color changing clubs.

There is also playing card juggling combined with front and back palms that could look good if you wanted to spend the time to learn it.

You are honestly better off finding a partner and comming up with a dynamite technical passing act that is very funny. Go find video of the Gizmo Guys and the Raspini Brothers if you want examples. Beware getting hackey as a juggler. The market is flooded right now, and even the best are having a hard time finding work.
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Steve Haffner
View Profile
Regular user
Kentucky
108 Posts

Profile of Steve Haffner
I've been toying with the ideas of moving from a cups and balls / chop cup routine into a juggling bit. I'm thinking of having it set to music so it's all pantomime. I look surprised at the 2 final loads I produce from the cups, then look puzzled as if to say "Now what do I do with these?" Then I start to juggle them and secretly introduce a third ball (or fruit or whatever) into the mix. Then you're only limited by your imagination and your juggling skills!

- Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Juggling ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL