The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » E.S.P chips (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Has anyone worked with these? comments?
Uriah Fuller
View Profile
New user
SuperMind
59 Posts

Profile of Uriah Fuller
I got a set of the chips at the recent Mindvention convention. They're very nicely made and can be applied to tons of routines other than the ones that come with the chips. The markings are easily read but not so easy that audiences will catch them.

The routines included are quite good too. I like Max Maven's routine which reads complicated but actually plays well. Greg Arce and Jheff came up with a nice routine and Greg himself has another routine that's a good idea. So is Tony Blake's. I haven't tried the routine by Jack Kent Tiller but it looks good and the one by Rick Maue is very strong.

I got a PM from Tony that there are more routines being added soon including a couple of them by Banachek and that everyone who owns the chips will be able to download them from the secret website he put up.

Uriah
What confessions can you make when your Supermind stands awake - UF
VBall
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto
165 Posts

Profile of VBall
Thanks Uriah,

can you tell me if the markings will stand up to close inspection?
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1942 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Hi Uriah, nice sign in name , have you read any of his works,good stuff in there .
Regards Mark
E.O.I
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
VBall...

Yes, the markings can stand up to close inspection... mainly because there is a nice little "red herring" built into the marking system and secondly because unlike cards the chips will never be lined up exactly in a straight line (the wording on the back will be in different directions when you lay them out)... the markings are easy to read if you know where to look...

But...

As with anything that is marked there is never 100% certainty that you won't get caught... even with very well marked cards I have been caught (and we're talking a system I developed that you need to know how to read)... spectators have no reason to believe that the chips are marked unless you give them a reason to doubt you... handing out the chips and saying "here, inspect them" is never a wise thing (nor is it wise when you use other marked instruments)... treating them as what they are, ESP testing materials, will let you get away with bloody murder... magicians may catch you if they're savvy enough, but I have never had a layperson say "hey, hold it a minute"... my routines and the routines included with the chips are designed to hide, obfuscate or not even use the marking system... treat them as just tools and you'll get away with it... give it even a small doubt of suspicion and you'll get caught (but then again, it's the same with anything marked)...

I spoke with my partner last night concerning current availability on the chips... from the first run we have approx. 5-6 sets left... then it'll be a 3-5 week wait till the second run arrives from the manufacturer... the chips have been very well received and the initial run has sold faster than expected... we have even been approached for exclusive licensing and distribution agreements on the chips for Europe & Asia...

To check out the chips go to: ESPChips.com

Hope this helps...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Hi Tony,
I bought a set at mindvention and would like a matching set. Do you have one left?
If so, please let me know and let me know how much money you need and I will Paypaal you.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Parson...

Have put a set aside for you... sent you a PM...

Thanks!

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Tony,
Please don't make any more of these.
Nobody is going to like them but me.
I would hate for you to lose money.
These are a terrible idea.
Will never work.
Would not fool my grandmother.
Nobody deserves these but me.
Have a heart.
Stop before it is too late.
Thanks.
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
mattH
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of mattH
Tony
I notice on your website for ESP chips, theres no paypal
how can non-US residents obtain the chips?
thanks
matt
GusVanNostrum
View Profile
Veteran user
With automatic writing I've produced
343 Posts

Profile of GusVanNostrum
MattH, check out jheff who accepts paypal.
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Matt & Gus...

Actually we do accept Paypal, several of our recent purchasers have paid that way... Our programmer initially forgot to set up the Paypal link within the order form but when the new sets arrive it will have a direct link to Paypal...

I spoke with Jheff last night and unfortunately he's completely sold out of the sets he had and is awaiting the arrival of the new shipment... in the meanwhile, if you'd like to order via Paypal simply PM me and I'll forward you the direct link along with the total cost ($45 in US w/shipping included and $55 outside US - this includes the extra shipping fee)...

We only have a few left (2 or 3) so if you want a set from the first run please don't hesitate...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
inorthcott
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of inorthcott
Where can you get these from.

Please PM me.

Ian
"Life's too short for wasting - for ifs and might have beens"
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Check out the link at the beginning of the topic. It is in Tony's first post.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Got it today!

Great quality for life time.
Bold marking.
I like it.

Only I cannot access to the url on the last page...
Maybe it is not reay yet?

Rock
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
Rock...

Thanks for the compliments!... We're (my partner Dave Harber and I) glad you like them... everyone that has seen or owns them loves the chips and are coming up with multiple effects, routines, ideas and ways to use them...

As of today we are temporarily out of stock... the first run of the chips are sold out (thank you!)... but we have 150 more sets coming in about 2 weeks... and we'll soon be taking pre-orders/names on the waiting list of those who missed out on the first run but want to make sure that they don't miss out on the second (we also have several select dealers that will be carrying them)...

The private website is not ready yet - we're ironing out some glitches with the members discussion board - but... registration and access to new routines should be ready by mid-week and the disc. board should either be ready at that time or by the end of the week... I'll post here when the pages are ready (I like to make sure stuff works before I release it, less hassle for us, less frustration for you)...

Thanks again for the great comments... with your permission I'd like to quote you as a testimonial on our website & ads...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
rockbrunnen
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of rockbrunnen
Tony, thank you very much for the quick reply!

I look forward to joining the member board.

Yes, please quote me as I really love the chips!
With e.s.p. chips, mentalists will come up with great ideas and routines.
I guess this is only the beginning...

Rock
A_Blake
View Profile
Loyal user
The Thoughtreader
216 Posts

Profile of A_Blake
We have just been notified by our manufacturer that we'll have new sets of chips in by 12/18... if you'd like to be placed on a notification list for when the new sets arrive either PM me or send me an email to chipnotify@espchips.com...

Hocus-Pocus and Jheff will also be carrying the chips when they come in...

Success!!!

Tony Blake
The Thoughtreader
Õ¿Õ¬
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
I'll give you a quote Tony.

It's better than a marked deck in many ways. I see the chips as being a mainstay in many a performer's bag for years to come.

Sam
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Since you clearly did not take my sage advice not to make any more of these d****d things, I will tell you that my second set came in today.
I do not leave the house without these boogers.

Free effect...
If you have Puzzlebilities, read The 9 Card Problem.
Set out the chips. Have one chosen.
Pickem up.
Have the spec think of any card in the deck.
Spell out the card.
Hand the person their chip.
Take a bow.
Start a cult.
You gonna like these.
Peace,
Parson
+++a posse ad esse+++
ceeswing
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of ceeswing
Mr Parson,What is Puzzlebilities?
I could not find it. Chips are in the mail.

Regards

Cornelis
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » E.S.P chips (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL